cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor

BGP in VSX in Active/Established State

Hello,

I have 3 virtual systems in a cluster of two 15400s running R80.30, i also have VSLS enabled. I have iBGP running between VS5 and VS6 as well as iBGP between VS6 and VS7. I recently noticed that the peer in VS5 shows an established state and VS6 shows an active state. I can confirm that the networks are fine as i can ping both interfaces when i have the VS in the same gateway or split between gateways.

After some troubleshooting, i notices that when i do a cpstop and cpstart, VS6 becomes established. I also noticed that its only established for about 24hours before it goes back to active state.

Has anyone come across this. Thank You

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Champion
Champion

It helps a lot to know which version of code you are running, also the jumbo version. In R80.10 anything below Jumbo 100 there were a lot of dynamic routing issues. Check the list of fixes in the jumbo releases for your version and see if your problem has been recognized and resolved.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

Im running Take 19 at the moment. Although i intend to install Take 79 today

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Champion
Champion

Keep in mind that in take 19 there were very few fixes for the gateway, only the later jumbo's also have updates for the gateways.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Champion
Champion

I would rather involve TAC here...

0 Kudos