Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Taney
Advisor
Jump to solution

Pearson VUE "Delivery Failed" Status For CCSE Exam?

I passed my R80 CCSE today, but strangely did not receive the print-out of my results at the testing center. I was assured everything was ok, but when I got home, my Pearson VUE account shows "Delivery Failed" under the status for my CCSE exam.

The folks at Pearson VUE have been impossible to reach (number rings right to hold music and 1+ hr of holding got me nothing) and the folks at the testing center are showing the exam was sent off to Pearson successfully. So, I seem to be stuck in a bit of a loop here. 

Was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this ever and might offer some insight? 

R80 CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

I've had it before also!

The tests are stored locally in the test center. At the next syncronisation your test will be transferred to Pearson VUE. That was no problem and I could see it online on the next day.

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Kris_Pellens
Collaborator

Hi Daniel,

I had that with the CCSA exam.

VUE said to redo the exam, at no additional cost.

Regards,

Kris

0 Kudos
Daniel_Taney
Advisor

Wow... cost or not cost that’s so unacceptable that this can happen!

R80 CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

I've had it before also!

The tests are stored locally in the test center. At the next syncronisation your test will be transferred to Pearson VUE. That was no problem and I could see it online on the next day.

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

I always got my print-out as this is a requirement test centers have to fulfill. Anyhow, looks they are a bit unexperienced. I'd directly write an email to Pearson Vue just to make sure they reach out for them and get you your print-out as well as forcing them to sync their local exam data with Pearson Vue's central database.

Daniel_Taney
Advisor

Yeah, that was the strange thing... the print out never came. The guy at the testing center seemed kind of clueless and said, "Yeah that happens sometimes"

I've been trying to reach Pearson VUE to no avail just to make sure they are aware there is an issue in case something needs to be done.

R80 CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
Daniel_Taney
Advisor

Phew! That is a relief! Thanks!

R80 CCSA / CCSE
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
In our testcenter they also did not supply the printed versions, also here it took from a day up to a week before the certification was recorded at Check Point. We did not check on the Pearson Vue site though.
Regards, Maarten
Daniel_Taney
Advisor

Just as your experience, I woke up and found my exam results were waiting for me! 

R80 CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

For those of you who have taken CCSE exams recently: in most general terms, can you tell me what you think about quality of the questions? Where they clearly stated or were there instances when you had to figure out what the actual question is?

0 Kudos
Daniel_Taney
Advisor

I did both CCSA and CCSE in the past 2 months. In the most general sense, I'd say the majority of the questions were very fair relative to the course content of each respective test.

That said, I think the biggest problem came from a handful of questions that had different answers for R77.x vs R80.x. For example, there were questions regarding Dynamic Dispatcher and Mobile Access Policies where the multiple choice options presented the correct answers for both versions. In the case of Mobile Access, it was particularly confusing since some policy elements can be managed in SmartConsole and others still have to be managed in SmartDashboard. In these cases, I tried to always go with the R80.x way, but given the number of questions I got wrong, I'm really not certain these answers were scored as correct.

There were also a handful of typos that made the question or the answers very hard to decipher. One Capsule Connect / Capsule Workspace question comes to mind where the choices for Mobile Operating Systems were completely mangled and I had to do my best to try to guess based on the context of everything else in the sentence. 

Since I passed  both exams, I certainly won't say these issues prevented me from succeeding on the exam. Smiley Happy 

If this question is being asked to gather feedback to present back to Check Point Training, I'd be happy to discuss things in better detail offline without giving questions away. 

Thanks!

Dan

R80 CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Thank you for your reply! I am trying to gauge the quality of the certification exams because in the Infinity training pool made available on CheckMates last year I have seen an awful number of poorly worded questions, outright errors and choices of answers that barely made sense.

Since during the exams, few people take time to comment on the questions (and I am not sure if there is such an option for Check Point), it would be nice to have a feedback from community that could be used to improve the quality of the exams.

Perhaps we can establish the repository for the feedback that will not be public, but will allow those who have taken the exams to post their complaints. Separately we can have a poll by exam subject categories that is public.

0 Kudos
Daniel_Taney
Advisor

I don't recall seeing an option to comment on the questions during the exam. If there was a way, I didn't know I could do it. 

I would be happy to participate in a private review of questions if that was something Check Point was interested in putting together. 

R80 CCSA / CCSE

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events