cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ivanildo_Galvao
Participant
Jump to solution

Getting Started with Checkpoint

Hello everyone, today I have knowledge and work with Sophos and Fortinet solutions, I would like to approach CheckPoint, learn about this powerful security solution and go for certification, where should I start?

Thank you !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

They are not strictly required, but they certainly are helpful. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

There is, of course, training classes offered through our ATCs.

You may also want to follow along with our Check Point for Beginners (CP4B) Lectures Series‌ which will walk you through some basics, step by step.

0 Kudos
Ivanildo_Galvao
Participant

Thanks for the tip, I'm reading "Checkpoint for Beginners Lectures Series", until I already uploaded an SG in Vmware ESXi.
Is the CCSA and CCSE certification the basic certifications for anyone who wants to start a career with CheckPoint?

Thanks !

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

They are not strictly required, but they certainly are helpful. 

Ivanildo_Galvao
Participant

From what I see, there are 3 components that make the CheckPoint solution for network security.
SMS, SG and SmartConsole, the 3 must be together, the SG for example is the UTM itself, where the rules are applied, since these rules are stored in SMS.
So, what is the advantage of this format if we compare with Fortigate and Sophos XG Firewall, for example? Fortigate and Sophos XG have everything inside the same equipment, this form would not be easier to manage?
What happens if CheckPoint SG crashes? Can I put another SG in place and have all my policies, VPN, routing and others preserved?
If it is the SMS that is going to present a serious pane?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You should back up the OS configuration separately, but yes, you can replace the gateway and your access and threat prevention policy configuration will come from the management.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)