Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn CPE Credits for participating in CheckMates Live events!

checkmates-team
4 13 10.2K

CM_LIVE_badge.png

New in 2020, you can now earn CPE credits for participating in CheckMates Live events!

CheckMates has a new partnership with the top five vendors of Cyber Security certification organizations. By attending a CheckMates Live event, you can earn a certain number of CPE credits and extend your certification validity.

cpe credits.png

FAQ:

What is CheckMates Live?

• A CheckMates Live event is a Local User Group seminar.
  • CheckMates invites community members, security engineers, administrators, architects and other customers’ and partners’ technical personnel to discuss various technical topics concerning Check Point Security Systems. We engage the participants in a transparent and direct discussion, helping them to master new products and feature. Challenges, dependencies, troubleshooting, and other engineering and architecture subjects are in the focus.
  • Check out our upcoming events here!

How many CPE credits will I earn?

• The amount of CPE credits you can earn will differ for each of the CheckMates Live events and will be announced before each of the events.
13 Comments
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Thanks. 👍

Cyber_Serge
Collaborator

Awsome! I assume we have to provide respective membership ID# so it will be tracked? Or will some form of proof of attendance be provided so later on we can submit the CPE to the vendor portal?

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Hi @Cyber_Serge not 100% sure how this will work just yet.
I presume when you register for an event, we will provide the relevant details.

Neal_Culligan
Explorer

Is there any more information on this?

Fuegan
Explorer

I am registered to some events and I would like to know about this a bit more.

G_W_Albrecht
Legend
Legend

It seems like everyone knowns what CPE credits are and only i do not know anything about this. How can i profit from my CPE credits if i am unable even to see them anywhere ?

Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

You can see your CPE credits attached to your Acclaim badge.

CPE means Continuing Professional Education. It's a way to show that you attended learning and developed your professional skills. Therefore CPE is also named CPD - Continuing Professional Development. Example: I'm ITIL certified and use my CPEs/CPDs (+ some money) each year to have my ITIL certification extended without doing the exam again.

If you are certified by a company that allows you to extend your certification with CPEs just refer to your badge URL to enter your CPE credits.

image.png

genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

Can we recertify our existing Checkpoint accreditations using CPE?  If so how many CPE's do we need at what level and then how do we trade these in?

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You cannot use CPE to renew your Check Point accreditations.
See here for more details: https://www.checkpoint.com/downloads/training/check-point-certification-faq.pdf 

Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Check Point partners have to track their engagements in Check Point's engage app to earn Engage points. Once you have enough Engage points you can enroll for CLC credits. These credits can be used to pay for accredidation exams. Once you pass these you'll get recertified.

genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

So is an engagement point the save value as a CLC credit or is something silly like 10 engagement points = 1 CLC?  I do not see this clearly documented anywhere.

Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Search our Partner Community for Engage and also read the partner growth playbook. It's all documented there as to how many Engage points you'll get for which activity and for how many Engage points you may request CLCs packages. The biggest package is 4000 engage points that get you 32,5 CLCs. The CP training site shows you what you can buy for these points.

genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

Thanks -  The documents seem pretty complex,  sure they could have made it easier to understand.