Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CheckMates Member of the Month for April 2018: Heiko Ankenbrand

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
28 8 2,566

It's that time of the month, where we recognize great contributors to the CheckMates community. 

Put your virtual hands together for Member of the Month: https://community.checkpoint.com/people/heiko95414c6c-7c56-4fb8-862e-45505910335d

Heiko was an easy choice thanks to his fantastic work on mapping the various TCP/UDP ports used by Check Point products visually: Ports Used for Communication by Various Check Point Modules‌ (and updating based on feedback).

That and a number of other threads!

Heiko, tell us a little about yourself & what you do

Born in Germany, I have been working as an IT Security Consultant for AXIANS IT Security GmbH with Check Point and other security products for about 10 years. My experience with Check Point products goes back to the year 1997 (FireWall-1 version 3.0b). Privately, I like to relax with my family or do sports--mountain biking or ice hockey. It helps to forget the IT issues Smiley Happy

Tell us a little about your experience with Check Point

I see Check Point as a technology leader since 1997. That is why I have worked hard to earn my CCSM and work on all Check Point products from SMB Appliances to 61K Appliances. I like to optimize the performance of Check Point Firewalls and Software Blades. Furthermore, I find the debugging of the Blades very interesting. It's helpful to our customers here.

Do you have a unique deployment of a Check Point product?

I have a VMWare Lab zoo and a couple of Appliances in our LAB. Feels like a million systems!

What do you use the CheckMates platform for?

I think the exchange of information in CheckMates is great. I like it and I think the participation is great. Well done!

What do you like to do for fun?

When I not working. Have a lot of fun with my kids and my family.

If you could create any new technology right now, what would it be?

Fully automated houses secured by Check Point. Alternatively without Internet connection Smiley Happy

Anything else you'd like to let other CheckMates members know about?

Keep up the good work. It's a great forum with great users. A thank you to everyone who wrote great articles and answers here.

8 Comments
MartijnElzenaar
Employee
Employee

Very well deserved Heiko !! Congrats !

HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

thx

Silvia_Day
Contributor

Congrats!

Regards

Sylvia

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Wish you didn't have to do that, my friend, but it's a limitation of our existing system and integration with UserCenter.

You're also not the only one who has had to do this either.

Will fix the post.

Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

well deserved indeed ! KUDOS Heiko 🙂 

Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Congratulations Heiko. 😃

Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

Great job Heiko, thanks a lot for your very interesting articles and sharing your knowledge.

Sometimes I think your family must be called Check Point, hope you have enough time for none IT activities 😉

Wolfgang 

Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Congrats Heiko and thank you for your continuous contribution!

Cheers,

Vladimir