cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michael3
Participant

Skyline with MDS and VSX

Hallo,

so we setup a Prometheus and Grafana Server (both on 1 VM), to use new Skyline feature.

So after enabling it first on MDS, there is actually no CP data sent to Prometheus. cpview -m is empty and cpwd_admin list doesn't list the CPviewExporter process, like described in sk179870. Still, some general data seems to be sent to Prometheus, because Grafana let's me choose the MDS and we can see uptime. MDS is on R81.10 T87.

Then we activated it on a seperate Smart Event Sever also with T87, there it works without any problem 🙂

For the GWs (we have Active/Standby Cluster both on R81.10 T81) with VSX, we activated it first on standby. Then we saw, data is sent via the VSX Cluster IP - so actually from the active GW - and not via the standby Mgmt Interface. That is really strange, why is that?

Then we activated it on the active Gateway. Here it also sends it via VSX Cluster IP with an extra connection (other source TCP Port). Grafana also sees this device, but somehow it isn't recognized as VSX in the VSX Dashboard downloaded from the Toolbox.
Most graphs in the other Dashboards (downloaded via Toolbox) are also empty but some have data, but not the interesting.

Interesting is, that data for Bridge VSes is not sent at all. (or not recognized in Grafana?) Will this be added in a future update?

I don't know, but is data about virtual interfaces sent to Prometheus? At the moment we only see physical interfaces in the predefined dashboards/graphs.

Can somebody help here with the troubles?

Thx in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Elad_Chomsky
Employee
Employee

Hi @michael3 , 

The issue related to the MDS was resolved on the new jumbo take (93), you can search for PRJ-43589 to see details. For now, you can manually start everything by running:

cpview –a on

/opt/CPotelcol/CPotelcolCli.sh start

/opt/CPviewExporter/CPviewExporterCli.sh start

Regarding the issues on the VSX, please share with me more details directly to eladch@checkpoint.com so I can try to better understand the issue, and help you on the matter.

0 Kudos
michael3
Participant

Hallo,

in the meanwhile we managed to update to T94 and almost everything is fixed and working. One thing we still notice is:

On some VSes the value of "TCP Handshake Connections" is really high, it's 18446744073709552000 -> this is bigger than UINT64_MAX.

In CPVIEW the values are shown correctly (Advanced -> Network -> TCP Statistics.

Any clue what that could be?

Thx in adanvce.

0 Kudos
Elad_Chomsky
Employee
Employee

Hi @michael3 ,

Please contact me privately, on eladch@checkpoint.com. I want to handle it directly so I can better understand this issue, and assist you.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)