Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scalable Platforms - Skyline

Arik_Ovtracht
Employee
Employee
Verified By CP

This is a Grafana dashboard for Skyline. Please see sk178566 on how to deploy Skyline and to import the dashboard to Grafana. SP Dashboard.jpg

;
TO ACCESS CHECKMATES TOOLBOX it's simple and free

Disclaimer: Check Point does not provide maintenance services or technical or customer support for third party content provided on this Site, including in CheckMates Toolbox. See also our Third Party Software Disclaimer.

(1)
13 Replies

Sven_Glock
Advisor

Hi  @Arik_Ovtracht ,

thanks for providing Grafana dashboards for skyline.
Do you update the dashboardfile linked here in the community once there a updates applied to the dashboards itself?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Sven

;

0 Kudos

Arik_Ovtracht
Employee
Employee

Yes, we will update them regularly.

You can expect a few additions in the next version of Skyline, which will be released soon 🙂

;

0 Kudos

Sven_Glock
Advisor

As I am actually in the skyline rollout: What does "soon" exactly mean? Will it need to install a new JHF or will it be installed by autoupdater? Looking forward to read from you 🙂

Thanks in advance
Regards
Sven

;

0 Kudos

Arik_Ovtracht
Employee
Employee

I believe we will release it within the next month.

This new version will include a couple of additional metrics and improved dashboards.

The specific dashboard for Scalable Platforms will be updated separately, and I can't say exactly when at the moment.

;

0 Kudos

Sven_Glock
Advisor

What about the gateway side update? Automatic or JHF? 🙂

;

0 Kudos

Arik_Ovtracht
Employee
Employee

Sorry, all the updates will be automatic.

;

Dorian
Participant

Good morning  @Arik_Ovtracht - first of all thank you very much on creating & providing us with the Skyline Dashboards to date. I've just finished onboarding our appliances and am playing around with custom dashboards now to facilitate some monitoring needs we have - Came across this post and saw that there's an update in the pipeline..  any idea when this is due for release?

;

0 Kudos

Elad_Chomsky
Employee
Employee

Hi  @Dorian, there is going to be a big major update in Q1 2024, with the following intended content - 

1) Support for new third party destinations ( Instead of only Prometheus )

2) Support for new methods of extracting metrics, and initial set of new metrics ( Will be 'off-by-default' - You can activate it ).

;

0 Kudos

Dorian
Participant

Hi  @Elad_Chomsky - thanks for the reply mate... much appreciated. Looking forward to what's coming. 

;

0 Kudos

Alexander_Wilke
Advisor

Hello,

how can I identify if a dashboard within this thread was updated?

Further I use one of these templates and I have issues that two different 64k chassis are listed with the same Maestro ID in the dashboard. Is this something to fix on Grafana or is this something which is in the gateway Data - the Maestro ID ?

Thanks
Alex

;

0 Kudos

Elad_Chomsky
Employee
Employee

Hi  @Alexander_Wilke ,

The dashboards are exposed both here and in the official sk of Skyline, in this specific case I think it is better to open a support ticket to CheckPoint, so we can investigate this issue.

Thanks, Elad

;

Sven_Glock
Advisor

Hi  @Alexander_Wilke ,

check sk179870 chapter "How do I group my machines (for example, under the same cluster name)? What does "environment" mean?"

If you are setting up different environments for every maestro cluster same maestro id will not make any more trouble.

Regards
Sven

;

Vincent_Bacher
Advisor
Advisor

Please be aware that "Scalable Platform" is not "just" Maestro. There are still several 64k installations in the field 😉

;