cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jesse
Contributor
Jump to solution

Tailored Safe Error, Internet Proxy

Installed the Tailored Safe extension, but get "Loading Error: ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT" in the Tailored Safe window after waiting a couple minutes. Doesn't load to the point of actually doing anything. R80.40 SMS with dedicated SmartEvent server. After running SmartConsole debug, I see it attempts to connect to https://secureupdates.checkpoint.com/appi/tailoredsafe/index.html.

[1] [20 Jan 2021 16:21:35,258] (INFO ) CP1GuiInfrastructurec - Web browser is using direct proxy configuration
[1] [20 Jan 2021 16:21:35,340] (INFO ) CP.GuiInfrastructure.WebBrowser.WebBrowser - Navigating using GET to https://secureupdates.checkpoint.com/appi/tailoredsafe/index.html

My system running SmartConsole uses a proxy for internet access. I didn't have any issue installing the extension using the proxy. However it looks like (from the firewall logs) the extension is not honoring my proxy settings, but trying to connect direct. Any suggestions to use this behind a proxy?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Troubleshooting SmartConsole Web Components and Extensions - sk166932 <- set UseDefaultWebProxy=true and it should work

- or -

Use the offline version as described in sk164812, sk170306

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Troubleshooting SmartConsole Web Components and Extensions - sk166932 <- set UseDefaultWebProxy=true and it should work

- or -

Use the offline version as described in sk164812, sk170306

Jesse
Contributor

That worked, thanks Danny!

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Personally, just me, I would NEVER use that tailored safe, I find it so useless and it does not even serve any purpose. I even dealt with 3 escalation engineers and I asked them point blank "What is the logical reason that CP would even recommend this, when you guys always say to people to use optimized profile anyway, since its suited best for what IPS is intended for?". Usually, there is 10 second pause or they have no clue. I think that tells everything.

0 Kudos
Jesse
Contributor

I think it's very useful. It creates (as the name implies) a tailored IPS profile specific to your actual environment. That's much better than a one-size-fits-most out of the box profile.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Ok, we all have different opinions : ). I used it before and found it totally useless.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)