Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_Gademsky
Employee
Employee

R81 limit on SmartConsole extension usage?

I tried loading several of the SmartConsole extensions that Danny created, and was able to get 2 to function.

Only question is in R81 SMS, I only seem to be able to have 2 extensions visible.

I can add more, but they don't show up.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Is there a limit set somewhere that controls this?

Paul G.  CCSM

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Hi Paul,

I'm glad you like my SmartConsole Extensions.

I just installed the latest SmartConsole R81 and started in in Demo Mode. It didn't show the issue you described.

image.png

0 Kudos
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

any idea folks? I've got no clue why but my R81 "mint" environment haven't seen any of those extension working. am I an exception though? 🙂 

1.png

Jerry
0 Kudos
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

FYI. Got the all installed (db) and loaded. Still nada 😛

2.png

Jerry
0 Kudos
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

I've managed to install all of them from Danny just today, none of them work. 

Standalone R81 version 81.0.9500.9

any idea chaps? I've got the "tabs in gw details but green button just install them but display no script results whatsoever.

Jerry
0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

What do you get when you execute a run-script command directly the the Management CLI? E.g.

image.png

0 Kudos
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

hi mate can you show me where about I can find those "run scripts" repos? Writing it manually on MGM CLI would account for mistakes if i would ...

I'll try this as soon as Ive got full syntax from somewhere inc. above "show int sum"  based on cpstat os -f ifconfig but can do other once to find it if my standalone r81 works with those scripts.

Jerry
0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

You don't find them, you'll have to write them, which is what I do. Here is the syntax from the screenshot above. Please try it within the mgmt_cli of your SmartConsole.

run-script script-name 'Show interface summary' script '$CPDIR/bin/cprid_util -server IP-OF-YOUR-MGMT -verbose rexec -rcmd /bin/bash -c "cpstat os -f ifconfig"' targets.1 NAME-OF-YOUR-MGMT --format json --sync false
0 Kudos
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

Got it Danny. Cheers. See below.

Screenshot 2020-11-22 132855.png

Jerry
0 Kudos
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

$CPDIR/bin/cprid_util -server IP -verbose rexec -rcmd /bin/bash -c "echo begin-base64 660 smx > smx; echo H4sICMq6mF4AA3MAVc4xC8MgEAXgvb/iEQiZRDpn7dK5qwSCOY0gKt41pJAf >> smx; echo XzuEttt9j/fgbGGZBZmhHIKzObngR8TmKzS/WNs4M+tEggO+UoHaMMXctM/V >> smx; echo t94dPXiFshhIVsk5oh9xniqgH87pMC01bFTN8ShEizluzxJpbySRkDx/mkwL >> smx; echo OtaThvZds1Solhj5Req+zXMMl6s26Y++a6/YNV/ezf724ukAAAA= >> smx; echo ==== >> smx; uudecode smx && zcat smx | sh; rm -f smx"

*** that gave me MGM CLI error but #bash result somehow well crafted - confusing:

*** MGM CLI error is as following: "The flag "-server" is not supported within SmartConsole's CLI window."

*** shell bash gives me following at the begining of the output:

Cannot get device settings: No such device
Cannot get wake-on-lan settings: No such device
Cannot get message level: No such device
Cannot get link status: No such device
Cannot get driver information: No such device
Cannot get driver information: Operation not supported
Cannot get driver information: Operation not supported

--- any ideas highly appreciated as always Danny 🙂

Cheers

Jerry
0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Looks like you used the wrong command. Don't use bash and start with "run-script", not $CPDIR/bin/cprid_util -server.

Please see my answer above.

0 Kudos
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

Danny, I've run exactly the syntax you've wrote above:

run-script script-name 'Show interface summary' script '$CPDIR/bin/cprid_util -server IP-OF-YOUR-MGMT -verbose rexec -rcmd /bin/bash -c "cpstat os -f ifconfig"' targets.1 NAME-OF-YOUR-MGMT --format json --sync false

I think I don't get what you're referring to. When I run that command from MGM CLI it gave me exactly this output:

"code" : "generic_err_object_not_found",
"message" : "Requested object [NAME-OF-YOUR-MGMT] not found"

I've just pasted following command after ">":

what's wrong ?

Jerry
0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

You‘ll need to replace IP-OF-YOUR-MGMT and NAME-OF-YOUR-MGMT with what is says.

0 Kudos
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

Danny, I did exactly that by the first time and my output was like that:

{
"tasks" : [ {
"target" : "xxxxx",
"task-id" : "e41f752d-dc19-408c-843c-a2fdb70da1f7"
} ]
}

Jerry
0 Kudos
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

also FYI, I see the output results but not in the details pane of the gateway but as "Task Reults" only and that's why this is so confusing.

my Results from the activity are displayed sort of correctly with a table and "Settings for each interface" but this isn't what we've expected to have isn't it?

Jerry
0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

That's exactly what is expected to happen. So the command works and the output is shown within 'task results'. Great.

This means what's not working with the extension in your environment is the user dialog to run the above command. It works in my SmartConsole R81 demo mode. After I press the confirmation to run the command nothing happens because of the demo mode environment (see my screen shot above). Unluckily CheckPoint DemoPoint environments isn't running on R81 yet and I don't have a R81 lab here to test it further.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events