Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimonMeadows
Participant

Operation is not allowed in read only mode!

Hi,

I'm making an extension and am getting the error 'Operation is not allowed in read only mode!' when using the queryId 'install-policy'

I guess I need more than the 'get-read-only-session' and 'run-read-only-commands' permissions in the extensions.json file but I cant find any documentation on what additional strings I need to add to allow this.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

A read-only authentication does not allow you to use the install-policy action, which is effectively a write operation.
So...you cannot request read-only permissions, you must request read-write permissions and use the appropriate credentials to authenticate.

SimonMeadows
Participant

I thought I would need some sort of read write permission.

How would I assign this to the extension?

The documentation for writing the extensions only lists three options for the 'request-permissions': 'client': tag in the extensions.json file: (default), get-read-only-session, and run-read-only-commands.

What exact string should I add to the array for the 'request-permissions': 'client' tag in the extensions.json to give the extension read-write access to smart console.

I have tried guessing a few times with 'run-read-write-commands' and 'run-readwrite-commands' but was unsuccessful.

While testing I am logged in as a super admin that has full read write permissions.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If you don't request read-only permission, you will get the permissions as appropriate for your user.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events