cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ggarcia
Explorer
Jump to solution

SMB Cloud Identity awareness

Hi, I'm installing a new 1600 smb cluster, with management in the cloud.

I've configured identity awareness in smart console, the initial connection was successfull but when we try to configure an access role, the list of objets from the AD appears empty,

The Domain controller is accesible from the appliances, but not from the Management becouse its is in the cloud.

¿There is an aditional configuration for Identity Awareness in SMB appliances managed by cloud?

Also I have an 2200 R77.30 apliance in the same network with IA working fine.

Thanks in advance for your help.

regards.

Gerardo Garcia.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The 2200 can be upgraded to R80.40 and used for this feature.
The gateway doesn’t even have to be inline, but off to the side somewhere.
As long as it has outbound access to be managed by Smart-1 Cloud and Active Directory, you should be good to go.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(1)
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I’m assuming that 2200 is managed by a different management from Smart-1 Cloud since you cannot manage R8x gateways with Smart-1 Cloud.

There is a feature on regular (non-SMB) gateways from R80.20 that allows this to work.
It basically proxies the AD queries through a local gateway, which allows this to work.
This feature is not available on SMB appliances.
I presume if you have a non SMB gateway also managed by Smart-1 Cloud on-premise, this can be made to work.

0 Kudos
ggarcia
Explorer

Hi, thanks for your response, The 2200 appliaance will be replaced by the 1600 cluster, 

I will not have another gw besides the 1600 cluster. In that scenario (1600 appliance cloud managed) its is possible to have functional Identity Awareness?

regards

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The 2200 can be upgraded to R80.40 and used for this feature.
The gateway doesn’t even have to be inline, but off to the side somewhere.
As long as it has outbound access to be managed by Smart-1 Cloud and Active Directory, you should be good to go.

0 Kudos
(1)
ggarcia
Explorer

Thanks for your help.

I will try to change my licence from cloud to on-premises.

0 Kudos
ggarcia
Explorer

Thanks for your help.

I will try to change my management license from cloud to on premises to avoid this issue.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events