cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anna_Ushakova
Contributor
Jump to solution

Why log "failed log in"?

Why log "failed log in"? this happened after the transition from 80.10 to 80.20.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nüüül
Advisor

For example for security reasons. when this is coming up more often you might want to know, that there is something going on. When using it, a SIEM system could correlate with other logs and trigger actions as response for anomalies, if such has been detected.

Next, for Troubleshooting, i.e. users are not able to log in. You might want to know when and so...

If a user comes up to you, that he is not able to log on, you might want to see the login attempt and i.e. the entered username

The log message existed at 80.10 too.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Nüüül
Advisor

For example for security reasons. when this is coming up more often you might want to know, that there is something going on. When using it, a SIEM system could correlate with other logs and trigger actions as response for anomalies, if such has been detected.

Next, for Troubleshooting, i.e. users are not able to log in. You might want to know when and so...

If a user comes up to you, that he is not able to log on, you might want to see the login attempt and i.e. the entered username

The log message existed at 80.10 too.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events