Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SantiagoPlatero
Collaborator
Jump to solution

Where is the SmartEndpoint or similar in R80 EA?

When I did the upgrade with the EA engineer I didn't had enabled the Endpoint Policy Management blade.

Now I enabled it, but I cannot find the SmartEndpoint console or something similar. I already did a database installation and installed policies in all my gateways.

In fact also I don't have the option to create a "Desktop Security" policy, which I suspect is the R80 version of the SmartEndpoint, maybe I'm wrong but nevertheless.

Does anybody knows?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

To summarize, there are 3 options:

a. Wait for R80.10 where SmartEndpoint will be officially supported, tested and verified.

b. Use the EA version of SmartEndpoint that is available on the R80 Management server. Note that this is not officially supported by Check Point and there will be very limited support for issues if they occur in such configuration.

c. Have an R80 Management server and a separate R77.30.01 Management server just for the Endpoint Security policy.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Nir_Zilberman
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi Santiago,

Endpoint Security is not yet integrated into R80 EA.

The latest version of Endpoint Security is currently R77.30.01 (a HotFix on top of R77.30).

Regards,

Nir Zilberman

0 Kudos
SantiagoPlatero
Collaborator

Hi Nir, thanks for your answer. So if I don't misunderstoodd if I want to use the latest stable version of Endpoint Security I have to install a fresh R77.30 management server, apply the HF and then use it separated from the R80 EA, that's correct?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Nir_Zilberman
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi Santiago Platero​,

Yes, this is my recommendation.

You can install an R80 EA server and use it to manage the Network Security policy and then install a separate R77.30.01 GA server and use it to manage the Endpoint Security policy.

You may also follow Nilly Perry suggestion and try to manage the Endpoint Security policy using R80 EA server.

Note that it was not fully tested and certified by QA and does not contain all of the latest features which are included in R77.30.01.

Regards,

Nir

Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

To summarize, there are 3 options:

a. Wait for R80.10 where SmartEndpoint will be officially supported, tested and verified.

b. Use the EA version of SmartEndpoint that is available on the R80 Management server. Note that this is not officially supported by Check Point and there will be very limited support for issues if they occur in such configuration.

c. Have an R80 Management server and a separate R77.30.01 Management server just for the Endpoint Security policy.

0 Kudos
Nilly_Perry
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi,

In the latest version of R80, SmartEndpoint is available from the start menu (see below).

Please note that Endpoint management was not fully certified in R80. This is planed for the next release.

Thanks,

Nilly

R80StartMenu.png

0 Kudos
SantiagoPlatero
Collaborator

Hi Nilly, thanks for your response. Where can I download this version of R80?

I try downloading the ISO available from the EAP but it's an older version than that I have installed with the EA engineer around january

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events