cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Philipp_Schiff
Explorer

Upgrade to R80.20 M1 from R80.10

Hi,

I tried an upgrade on VMWare Workstation from a clean install of R80.10.

I just imported the customer's database and then upgraded via CPUSE to R80.20 M1.

After installation the machine reboots but get stuck at the boot menu.

If I follow the instructions i come into a loop and then I'm back at that screen again.

Anyone else had this?

Thanks,
Philipp

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

was this "clean install" of R80.10 All-in-One meaning MGMT+FW installation by any chance?

Jerry
0 Kudos
Philipp_Schiff
Explorer

It was a clean install of R80.10 management ONLY with imported customer configuration (migrate import).

After migration I wanted to upgrade to R80.20 M1. Then I ran into that issue.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

it seems that your are looking in a maintenance mode. 

0 Kudos
Philipp_Schiff
Explorer

yes, but why...

I did a very basic setup, what everybody else could also have.

No big deals here...

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

either file system corruption or no space on the disk after migration, leading to such. 

try doing it again, check the available space before migrating and while the script is running

Philipp_Schiff
Explorer

Space should not be the issue ...

0 Kudos
Tim_Spencer
Contributor

Hi Philip, I get the same issue on my VM. It is a clone of our existing physical SMS running R80.10 jhf take 203. I use CPUSE to run the upgrade to R80.20 Take 101 package (latest available) The WebUI all looks good during the upgrade and then it goes for the final reboot at which point I also get presented with the exact same boot loop. This second attempt I took a snapshot beforehand and it is happy for me to revert to that. If you don't have a snapshot then the menu loop just goes round and round for ever. But I too am wondering how we get our upgrade or in your case clean install to work properly. It may just be a VM thing but I'm not keen to try it on the live SMS until my VM works. 

Did you ever resolve this mystery?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events