Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sergio_Ordaz
Explorer

Upgrade checkpoint SMS from r77.3

Hi, Happy new year to all, I am gonna proceed with an a SMS upgrade via cpuse with and independent smartevent server both installed in different open servers, I can make these upgrades without affecting the  gateways services?

r77.30 to r80.20

I am new with upgrades, I think I can do it but as I never did it before I prefer to ask.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

Hello Sergio,

first of all you should start with

R80.30 Upgrade Verification and Environment Simulation service 

This is a service from Check Point to test the Upgrade of your environment to R80xx.

Wolfgang

Sergio_Ordaz
Explorer

Thanks for your recommendation I began that procedure, It's possible to administer the gateways r77.30 from an r80.20 I saw the compatibility matrix and say yes, but any advice with real-life experience?.
0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Is your current SM running on VM? If so:
run an migrate export on the SMS
on the old SMS server run cpstop
then run cpconfig and disable startup of the product
change the IP to a free IP
install a new VM with R80.30 (skip R80.20 when coming from R77.30)
before you run the First Time Wizard setup the IP of your old SMS on the new server
run the FTW.
copy the export file from the old SMS on it's new IP
Import the exported file.

Test and push every gateway at least 2 times, be aware of some differences in handling HTTPS sites, some will now fail

The improvements made in the import utilities of R80.30 really are worth the skipping of R80.10 and .20
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

Sergio,

@Maarten_Sjouw recommendation are really helpful.

And to your question, yes it's possible to manage R77.30 gateways with a R80.30 SMS.

My suggestion is to nearly upgrade your gateways to R80.30. If you are using ThreatPrevention (IPS, AB, AV, TE, TP etc.) this will be better work with R80.30. And the different handling of IPS-profiles with R80.xx SMS and R77.xx gateways is quite understandable.

Wolfgang

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events