Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor
Jump to solution

Standalone deployment for 12600 appliance

Hello guys,

I am facing very strange issue. We would like to test R80.10 Standalone deployment on 12600 appliance with 6 GB of RAM.

According to Release Notes R80.10 page 15 this setup is allowed.

So we have installed R80.10 Standalone deployment on this machine, including latest Take 103 on top of it.

Once we have opened SmartConsole, we noticed that we cannot change Action and Track in all rules ! There is default Action=Drop and Track=None. Once we click on any of these 2 fields, nothing happened. No option to choose anything.

Means, we cannot install policy because we cannot choose Accept in Action field.

Is this some specific bug in relation to 12600 appliance with 6 GB of RAM and Standalone deployment ?

Can someone test it, or someone else faced this kind of issue ?

I tried almost everything, including installating of old SmartConsoles, reboot, reinstall without Take, install it as Open Server. No difference.

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

The issue was solved by editting file /etc/appliance_config.xml before FTW.

It was not possible to uncheck Security Gateway during FTW, so I was forced to install only gateway, or standalone (gateway + management), not simple management only.

Once I have modified file /etc/appliance_config.xml before FTW I was able to select only management and the issue is gone.

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

*Upgrade these models to at least 8 GB RAM to support a Standalone deployment.

JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

These appliance models do not support a Standalone deployment with their default RAM (4GB): 4400, 4600, 4800, 12200, and 12400. Upgrade these models to at least 8 GB RAM to support a Standalone deployment.

No 12600 mentioned.

12600 has 6 GB of RAM by default.

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

The current 15600 Appliance Datasheet shows 16GB RAM installed by default, upgradeable to 32B or even 64GB. When Check Point introduced this Appliance back in 2016 it had in fact 6GB RAM installed by default that was upgradeable to 12GB. However, in order to support R80.x, which is what you are trying to use, Check Point upgraded the Appliances with more RAM, as R80.x requires it. So you are trying to match an old Appliance with a new Software which is not going to work/ without a RAM upgrade.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

6GB of RAM is the bare minimum to run R80.10 management alone, regardless of hardware platform.

When you add security gateway to those requirements, you're up to at least an 8GB minimum.

The more RAM, the better.

JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

The issue was solved by editting file /etc/appliance_config.xml before FTW.

It was not possible to uncheck Security Gateway during FTW, so I was forced to install only gateway, or standalone (gateway + management), not simple management only.

Once I have modified file /etc/appliance_config.xml before FTW I was able to select only management and the issue is gone.

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events