Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Markus_Malits
Participant
Jump to solution

Smart Console filtered rule export, including resolved object details

Hi,

one of my customers is having a challenge with exporting filtered rules to CSV. 

This is AFAIK not possible at the moment in Check Point R8x SmartConsole - and I think it should be low hanging fruit to develop, and a feature that adds to reputation as the premium  gold standard GUI in firewall management.

What are your opinions to that one? 

Quick set of screenshots to make the problem clear:

In demomode filter for a subnet

1.png

use export to csv

2.png

realize the export is containing all rules, and that there is no "export filtered rulebase" option

3.png

When this would be considered to be developed by R&D, it would be nice to have a possibility to export the relevant  list of objects / groups as well.

The usecase for this customer is to report all relvant  rules (and have the details about srcs/dsts) for a tenant, while rules are spread across the rulebase of this perimeter firewall.

Looking forward to your comments

Best regards
Markus

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You should see the following when you filter your rulebase and do an export from R81.10:

image.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Seems like a reasonable RFE. @Dima_M 

0 Kudos
Markus_Malits
Participant

@PhoneBoy hats was exactly what I thought as well. So I had a session with Jim Oequist as well, and he has taken it in for a rfe. I wanted to put this one for discussion through the community as well - since, as usual, the business case question was raised, and @Dorit_Dor told us check mates is also considered as r&d input channel 🙂

BR

Markus

Dima_M
Employee
Employee

@Markus_Malits  @PhoneBoy 

Hi guys, thanks for your inputs.  Check Mates is definitely a valuable input channel for us.  

We're reviewing the request, stay tuned for updates.

Thanks,

Dima

a_lumi
Explorer

Hello, any update of this feature?

0 Kudos
James_Heueck
Participant

👍

0 Kudos
Markus_Malits
Participant

Our local SE communicated to us that R&D will NOT put this one on the Roadmap.

We need to solve it by using Smart Console Extensions, which we plan to do for the Customer.

BR
Markus

LaRockas
Participant

Hello ,

After migrate from Cisco ASA , where you could easily have a show access-list | inc 192.168.10.xxx for finding the rules , now with CP its almost impossible to have this simple output .
I found Markus post and he describes exactly what i also would like to achieve .
Is there any update regarding this ?

BR
Prodromos

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
I haven't seen this among the features for R81, at least.
oconnork
Contributor

Hello,

Do we have update on this ? 

BR,

Kalei

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You should see the following when you filter your rulebase and do an export from R81.10:

image.png

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events