Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjunior
Participant
Jump to solution

Should the blink utility keep whole current configuration?

We are struggling to blink utility on security gateways to speed up upgrade. This is not keeping the whole current configuration to the new installed version.
For example, ntp, dns, timezone, arp proxy, cron job, expert password and shell, and more was apparently ignored. No errors were found on installation logs.
As workaround, we save current configuration then force to reload in install_content.sh script we wrote.
I know about some blink limitations, but I can't found about this case of basic configuration information.

My understand on "In case of an Security Gateways upgrade, a configuration migration from the old version will be performed.", we simple need to run "blink --reimage" and get it ready.

Did I forgot some step to run blink utility or is this a expected behavior?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Correct, you should do this with CPUSE (either WebUI or CLI) using the relevant package.
Doing blink from the CLI will be a reimage.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Precisely what steps did you follow?
As far as I remember, unless you’re using a CPUSE Blink image to do the upgrade, it acts like a fresh install.

0 Kudos
cjunior
Participant

Hi,
Thank you for the reply.

I'm a newbie and I simply running "blink -a answers.xml -u user_updates.tgz --reimage" with some blink image files to achieve the upgrade.
This way, I think this is not CPUSE images or installer, so maybe I need to change my upgrade scripts to run a CPUSE images and also commands, right?

Best regards

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Correct, you should do this with CPUSE (either WebUI or CLI) using the relevant package.
Doing blink from the CLI will be a reimage.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events