Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M_Ruszkowski
Collaborator
Jump to solution

R80 - How to get topology interfaces per Cluster member?

I have noticed in R80 that the old "topology" section has been moved to "Network Management", and now there is just one "get Interfaces" option.  I do not see where you can just get the interfaces for an individual cluster member anymore?  I understand that this feature was intended to define anti-spoofing, however we were using it for a different reason....upgrades.  

For example when it is time to replace / upgrade the Check Point hardware for a cluster we do this one at a time (backup first, then primary) this way there is little to no outage.  Sometimes the new hardware has different interface names.  We would swap out the backup/standby cluster member with a new appliance, configured it, set up SIC, then do a "get topology" on just the new member.  This way all the new interfaces would get pulled in and lined up with the primary cluster member.  Then we would change version and push policy.  We would repeat this process for the primary member.  Some of our firewalls may have trunks with many vlans (sub interfaces) and this feature made it very easy to read them all in especially when firewalls have more that 10 interfaces.

Has the ability to read just one cluster member's interfaces been removed in R80?  I do not see it in the GUI...is it in the API?  

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Sorry to dredge up such an old thread, but in build 005 of the R80.10 SmartConsole both the "Get Interfaces" and "Get Interfaces with Topology" options are available once again as they were in R77.30.  Please see this thread:

Adding-Removing Interface in ClusterXL R80.10 

--
My book "Max Power: Check Point Firewall Performance Optimization"
now available via http://maxpowerfirewalls.com.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Alejandro_Espin
Participant

The only way, is reseting the SIC to obtain new topolgy.

Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Sorry to dredge up such an old thread, but in build 005 of the R80.10 SmartConsole both the "Get Interfaces" and "Get Interfaces with Topology" options are available once again as they were in R77.30.  Please see this thread:

Adding-Removing Interface in ClusterXL R80.10 

--
My book "Max Power: Check Point Firewall Performance Optimization"
now available via http://maxpowerfirewalls.com.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events