Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vincent_Bacher
Advisor
Advisor

R80.10 log server question

Hello Mates,

in R80.10 I am researching how to separate a policy management and log server into two several vmware hosts and manage/view both using one smartconsone session. In R77.30 I just configured the gateway to send logs to the log server and connected smartvew tracker to this server.

But in R80.10 I am not sure how to see the logs from the dedicated log server when connected to the policy management server with SmartConsole.

Maybe it's very easy and simple but I did not find a howto or sk about that scenario.

Any hint is appreciated.

Hopefully it's clear what I want to achieve  Smiley Happy

Cheers 

Vincent

and now to something completely different - CCVS, CCAS, CCTE, CCCS, CCSM elite
34 Replies
Vincent_Bacher
Advisor
Advisor

Thanks a lot. Will have a look at the document tomorrow in my office. Using my mobile I get 

Unauthorized

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Sorry: it was stuck in review queue since October 2017 Smiley Sad

I have just re-posted it here: https://community.checkpoint.com/docs/DOC-2333-diagrams-and-tablespdf 

Vincent_Bacher
Advisor
Advisor

Vincent_Bacher
Advisor
Advisor

btw.: few weeks ago i implemented that as described.

policy Management: Smart-1 205

Log Server: VMware
I now see the log server and am able to chose if i want to display logs from policy management or log server or both.
But
I get error message: log server disconnected
I thought that if all blades except policy management on the dedicated policy management are turned off, this scenario would work, but it did not.
Upshot of Investigation (including sr) was to order RAM upgrade for policy management --> 16 GB
Hopefully after doing this, everything will work fine

0 Kudos
pmiprojet_pmipr
Participant

Hello,

We just upgraded from a very simple R77.30 setup: one Security GW and one Management GW, all virtual machines.

We purchased the SmartEvent Suite and planned to install it on a dedicated Log Server as support told us that it will be more simple for future upgrades.

All is running fine, excepted that if I uncheck the "Logging & Status" from the Management GW, I have the "log server is disconnected" in the Logs & Monitor Tab.

Logs are OK, I can view them in the SmartView WEB UI directly on the dedicated Log Server.

Is there any way to have the Logs & Monitor Tab working without having the "Logging & Status" checked on the Management GW?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events