cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim_Silverline
Explorer
Jump to solution

R80.10 Upgrade Verifier Questions

I have a customer looking to do an r80.10 upgrade and I am trying to answer a couple questions that I can't find the answers to....

1)

"Title: OPSEC was modified in R80.

Please check your OPSEC vendor documentation for the following applications

NITRO_SIEM1

NITRO_SIEM"

What exactly does this mean?  What needs to happen?

2)

Does anyone know where the following Default Profiles can be found?  I understand they will be deleted during the upgrade - but how can we delete them beforehand?

Title: Legacy Default Profiles are not supported...(If not used, delete.  If used,create alternatives)

They will be deleted:

Endpoint_Full_Access

Endpoint_RemoteHelpAndMediaRecovery

Support_Admins

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

OPSEC is how we integrate with third party security products (e.g. SIEMs). 

As part of R80 we made some changes to these protocols (specifically adding support for SHA256).

You will need to check with your application vendor that they have been updated to support Check Point R80+.

The Legacy profiles you mention are configured in SmartEndpoint.

However, if you're not using our Endpoint products, you won't be able to delete these.

This warning can be safely ignored.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

OPSEC is how we integrate with third party security products (e.g. SIEMs). 

As part of R80 we made some changes to these protocols (specifically adding support for SHA256).

You will need to check with your application vendor that they have been updated to support Check Point R80+.

The Legacy profiles you mention are configured in SmartEndpoint.

However, if you're not using our Endpoint products, you won't be able to delete these.

This warning can be safely ignored.

Jesus_Cano
Collaborator

Hi,

I have the same issue upgrading to R80 about "legacy profiles". Customer has defualt legacy profiles to give perssmission to another users. This profile seems like it will be deleted upgrading. So what are the option we have to solve it?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events