Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt_Dunn
Participant
Jump to solution

Question about Install Permissions

Hi,

I'm having my first look at R80 using demo mode.  Specifically because I'm trying to demo admin permissions profiles.  I need to give a bunch of admins permissions to ONLY be able to edit the URL Filtering policy.  Fumbling my way through I've now set up a new layered policy, with URLF policy in its own layer, and I've created a new admin user and given it a new "URLF_Permissions" permissions profile... 

In this new profile, under Access Control > Actions, I've selected the bottom box, but not "Install Policy".  (see below)

I've logged back in to demo mode with my new user and sure enough I have read/write to the URL Filtering layer, and read only to everything else.  Great. 

As to be expected, at the moment I can not install the policy.  So here's my question...  If I tick the "Install Policy" box in the permissions profile, what happens when other admins are logged in making changes which they've published, but not yet installed?  When I install, will it install ONLY the changes I've made to the URLF policy?  Or will my install also install any other pending changes that other admins have made to other layers?

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi,

When any user installs policy, it installs the public revision that everyone can see. It will include every change that any user has ever published, including in objects that this specific user could not edit. This allows setting a permission for someone to only install policy, and for others to only make changes but not install anything.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi,

When any user installs policy, it installs the public revision that everyone can see. It will include every change that any user has ever published, including in objects that this specific user could not edit. This allows setting a permission for someone to only install policy, and for others to only make changes but not install anything.

Matt_Dunn
Participant

Thank you  Tomer Sole​  Smiley Happy

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events