cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_Raeside
Explorer

Policy Migration from R71.30 and R75.40 to R80.10

Hi, 

Hoping someone could help me with the following. 

We have some very old checkpoint firewall clusters we are trying to replace.   We have two clusters one running R71.30 and the other running R75.40.  

I have already built the new Clusters using one manager with R80.10.  

What is the easiest way to export objects and policies from the older versions and import them into the new R80.10 firewalls? 

Is this even possible?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

You can always use Upgrade Wizard to see the exact way of doing things: Upgrade Wizard 
In short, it is possible but will take several steps to do on the way. Direct upgrade is not available

0 Kudos
Paul_Raeside
Explorer

I don't want to touch the current production firewalls. I am building the new appliances up and we are going to cut over. It sounds like the amount of work for all the upgrade steps it would be quicker to rebuild the policies and objects manually?

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

I understand.

You can always replicate your management in the lab and run the migration. Whether it is easier and/or quicker than recreating everything from scratch depends on your security system complexity.

Personally, I would do lab a shot

0 Kudos
Paul_Raeside
Explorer

I was really hoping for an export import scenario with some data manipulation. Given that these clusters are so old I am not surprised there is no simple process.

thank you

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

The easiest way is to upgrade management to the target version and then re-install clusters with the target version from scratch.

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

First question would be, are they all manged from a single management?

R75.40 can be migrated to R77.00 so plain R77! when you build a VM management server with R77 you can import the export from the R75.40 and then migrate that to R80.10 or R80.20

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Paul_Raeside
Explorer

I am migrating two clusters (71.30 and 75.40) each with their own manager to two clusters (R80.10) with one manager.

I have started rebuilding the rule sets manually. 180 rules and 500 rules.  Probably take a week. I was hoping for a export rule set, maybe manipulate the data, then import into R80.10. something that would take me a couple of days.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events