Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim_McGrady
Participant

New R80.10 SmartEvent generates empty reports

Ive installed a new R80.10 SmartEvent server in my environment. The install went fine and everything seems ok.

However, reports and views available from the management server are showing no data.

This is a multi domain environment. I have the domain set in SmartEvent. 

Can you recommend what to look for?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jim_McGrady
Participant

In addition, the cpsemd.elg log file on the SmartEvent server is reporting:

failed to calculate available DB max size

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

I experienced the same. Upgrading to R80.20 GA solves it.

0 Kudos
Amit_Singh4
Participant

Please go on  Smart Event - Policy - General setting - Initial settings - Correlation Units -

Have you added Correlation units with all required details i.e. Unit name, Logs servers details etc.

Hope it will help.

0 Kudos
Jim_McGrady
Participant

Hi Amit i have checked the details in the correlation unit settings. All correct. Similarly 'domain' is set and i have 'installed database' via Smartconsole.  The SmartEvent server indicates that it is receiving logs from the main management server. Its just that reports and views are returning empty.

Sunny_Leung
Employee
Employee

Hi,

I had the same issue, no R80.10 firewall activity shown in the report,  while it shows properly for R77.xx gateways. i tried every setting i can (include what suggested in sk150452), but just not working.

Sunny

0 Kudos
Gaurav_Pandya
Advisor

Hi,

I am facing same issue. We have upgraded management server from R80.30 to R81 and Reports in smart view showing no data after upgrade. Everything looks good like connectivity on port 257, Event numbers are increasing in database. Logs are showing in smart log but reports showing blank data.

Please let me know if you got any solution.

0 Kudos
Ruan_Kotze
Advisor

Have a look at the known issues for R81 and search for PMTR-52941.  R81 includes a new log indexing mechanism, so when upgrading from from R80.x, old log indexes are not upgraded. 

Does this apply to your situation?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events