Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jure_Simundic
Explorer
Jump to solution

Missing network objects in the Object Explorer

Hi!

The network objects that were automatically created during the "Get topology" action do not show under the network objects in the Object Explorer. However, I can reference/use them in the firewall rule base.

For example:

"Get Topology" created two new networks: Net_192.168.111.0 and Net_192.168.222.0. Those object can be added to the firewall rule, but if you try to look them up in the Object Explorer they do not show.

Is this perhaps a known bug?

Regards,

Jure

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Venkat Raman G G wrote:

Hi Tomer -

I do have the same problem and i am running R80. Is there a fix available? All the auto created objects are not visible in the object explorer. Let me know.

Let's continue this conversation at the other thread - Get interfaces auto generated networks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Uriel_F
Employee
Employee

Hi Jure,

The network objects created via 'Get Topology' shouldn't be available be used in the rule base,

Can you please specify how were you able to add them to the rule base?

Thanks,

Uriel Fleishcman

0 Kudos
Jure_Simundic
Explorer

Hi Uriel!

I found those networks in the drop down list of the source/destination field of the rule base.

This is something that is working perfectly in the pre-R80 versions so I do not understand why Check Point moved it now.

New networks pulled/created via "Get topology" are very likely to be used afterwards in the rule base.

I can submit few screenshots to backup the story.

Regards,

Jure Simundic

0 Kudos
Uriel_F
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Can you please explain in general your usages for this networks?

When performing get topology those networks are all added into one network group usually called <gwName>_<inetrfaceName>, is this group also usable in the rule base?

Thanks,
Uriel Fleischman

0 Kudos
Jure_Simundic
Explorer

Yes, it is usable.

For example, we created a new VLAN interface eth2.214 with two networks behind it. The networks are available in the rule base, but they do not show in the object explorer. In the pre-80 versions this has never been a problem.

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNGCapture4.PNG

0 Kudos
Jure_Simundic
Explorer

In general, the Object Explorer is not working well in terms of filtering, e.g. you cannot filter according to NAT IP address, sometimes it does not list the object if you try to filter it according to its IP address.

Are we to have that fixed in R80.10?

Regards,

Jure

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi,

Unfortunately I cannot commit on things planned to be released in R80.10 just yet. We are aware of these 2 issues. Were there any other specific issues that you experienced with the Object Explorer?

0 Kudos
Venkat_Raman_G_
Explorer

Hi Tomer -

I do have the same problem and i am running R80.    Is there a fix available?   All the auto created objects are not visible in the object explorer.     Let me know.

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Venkat Raman G G wrote:

Hi Tomer -

I do have the same problem and i am running R80. Is there a fix available? All the auto created objects are not visible in the object explorer. Let me know.

Let's continue this conversation at the other thread - Get interfaces auto generated networks

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

In general, the Object Explorer is not working well in terms of filtering, e.g. you cannot filter according to NAT IP address, sometimes it does not list the object if you try to filter it according to its IP address.

Are we to have that fixed in R80.10?

Regards,

Jure

tomera5b2e7f3-09aa-32f8-96c2-f0f5bfa2988b wrote:

Hi,

Unfortunately I cannot commit on things planned to be released in R80.10 just yet. We are aware of these 2 issues. Were there any other specific issues that you experienced with the Object Explorer?

Hi Jure,

Since R80.10 is currently available as EA from the Check Point User Center, I can now confirm that filtering network objects in the Object Explorer by the NAT address is supported in R80.10, as well as fixes to the filter by IP Addresses.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events