cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

How to use Identity Awareness Tags in R80.20.M1

This feature is available for R80.10 Gateways and above.

The new Identity Tag object gives you tag-based identification in your Access Control Policy.

Supported tag sources:

• Cisco ISE Security Groups
  • Check Point Identity Awareness Portal and API

Step 1: Create a new Identity Tag in SmartConsole

Step 2: Create an Access Role object and select this Identity Tag

Step 3: Use this Access Role object in your Access Control Policy.

Step 4: Publish your changes, and Install Policy.

Tell us what you think about this new feature in the comments below.

12 Replies
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Wow cool! When's this going to be available for chassis? 

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Sorry can you elaborate on that? Is this something Management Server tag orchestration can solve?

0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Not exactly but thanks anyways Tomer! We are eagerly awaiting for R80 on chassis so that might resolve quite a few challenges Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Maor_Elharar
Employee
Employee

Hi Kaspars,

We can offer you to join our R80.20SP EA (R80.20 for Scalable Platform) program.

If you are interested, please contact me to discuss the details.

maor@checkpoint.com

DeletedUser
Not applicable

Nice post, if users want a deeper view of our integration with Cisco ISE, see this tech brief on Check Point and Cisco Context Aware Security.

Miroslaw_Kozmic
Participant

Hi Tomer,

Is any additional configuration required on GW/MGMT/Identity Collector for the SGT-to-IP mapping to show up in pdp database? I'm having a little trouble with this scenario... I managed to connect ISE to Identity Collector and I'm receiving AD User to IP mapping but SGT-to-IP just doesn't seem to work for me. Maybe there's something wrong with the configuration ISE side though... Smiley Sad

Maybe there's some extended documentation on the CheckPoint-ISE integration? Smiley Happy

Ole_Jakobsen
Contributor

Hi Tomer,

Do I understand this correct if I say the the Data Center object is used to retrive SGT's from ISE and Identity Collector is used for population the SGT's on Check Point?

elie
Explorer

Hi
Just to be sure the feature is indeed working on R80.10 Gateways?
Thanks
0 Kudos
Jelle_Hazenberg
Collaborator
Collaborator

@elie wrote:
Hi
Just to be sure the feature is indeed working on R80.10 Gateways?
Thanks

This feature is available for R80.10 Gateways and above.

Mikael
Collaborator
Collaborator

Old thread but I'm taking my chances...

Looking at this and reading the SmartConsole R81 Help I struggle to figure out how to use this through the IA API.

According to the SmartConsole R81 Help I should be able to define "A custom tag (defined on a third party product) acquired through the Check Point Identity Web API." but when I look at the IA API I find no reference to a tag...

How do I add an IP-address through the IA API that match my defined tag?

Cheers 

dmartinez
Explorer

Hello!

I am working in the integration of a third party (Clearpass) via IA API, and I cannot find the way of creating the tag in the Clearpass side. I have been searching in the IA API guide but I have not found any references to create this tags that will be sent to Check Point to match Check Point tags.

Any ideas? Would any attribute sent via api match with the Identity Tag if the string matches?

Thanks!

CCSM
0 Kudos
Kirupa_Shankar_
Explorer

How do i list all the populated identities on the tag ? any commands that can help ?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events