Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adiel_Ashrov
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

How to exclude the SmartEvent object from the SSL Inspection group

Hello All,

I'm reviewing sk112814 which explains how to overcome the the following error.

"SmartView server certificate is invalid" error when opening a new tab in the R80 SmartConsole "logs... 

In the solution steps it is said that one should exclude the SmartEvent object from the SSL inspection group, but I haven't found straight forward instructions on how to perform this step online.

Any assist with screen shots will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Adiel

Kobi Eisenkraft‌ 

3 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Since the cause for the error is: "..a 3rd party SSL Inspection tool between the SmartEvent server and the client running SmartConsole" the solution is also meant to be performed on the 3rd party SSL Inspection tool in order to exclude the SmartEvent object from SSL inspection.

However, in order to bypass anything within SmartConsole R80.x, simply open the HTTPS Inspection Policy in SmartDashboard and define a dedicated bypass rule.

(1)
Baasanjargal_Ts
Advisor
Advisor

23.png

I disabled HTTPS inspection, already, Then i don't show HTTPS inspection settings. 

How to resolve this, 

22 - smartview.png

0 Kudos
MattGB7
Participant

I have excluded HTTPS inspection within policy from the host im connecting from with SmartDashboard to the public VIP. Still getting this error when trying to view the logs. When connected locally this is working fine.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events