cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Knut_Haugom
Explorer

Generate Scripts for 1430 deployments

Hi.

I have a customer where we are installing multiple (200+) 1430 appliances.  We plan to deploy the appliances using a script (autoconf.clish) running from an usb stick on each unit. The script is configuring wan interface, name og the unit and local networks. I am looking for a tool / routine for generating these scripts. Do CP have a tool for this usage ?

B.r.

Knut Haugom

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Such tool does not exist yet for Check Point's SMB appliances. But you could easily create one on your own based on a Bash script.

Step 1: Power up a 1430 appliance

Step 2: Connect your host to it, that has the Bash script running

Step 3: Once the appliance is up, your host will receive an IP via DHCP and be able to login via SSH to the 1430

Step 4: Depending on the MAC address of the appliance the Bash script will then run all required commands to set the hotname, IP addresses, DNS, NTP etc. It's really easy.

Also have a look at my 1400 Appliance FAQ.

0 Kudos
Knut_Haugom
Explorer

Hi Danny.

I am aware of this option, but the challenge is that we are hiring an external partner to do the installations, and we want to aviod challenges with the technicians various skills.

Just want to save time automating the generation of 200+ config files 🙂

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Typically it's the job of your partner to create, test and implement such a solution. If you don't trust your partner for such a task, it's the wrong one. Most important, iIf you tell your partner what and how to do it, your partner will not be resposible if anything that doesn't work as expected.

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Knut,

I'm working on a FileMaker Pro database where I only enter the  IP information and then export the file I need to be able to properly configure the unit.

Do keep in mind that some commands really do not work the way you expect sometimes. I have been able to find a set of commands that I can run quite easily to properly configure the boxes. 

One problem is the removal of the LAN1_Switch, you need a reboot before you can assign IP's to the released interfaces. So we combine that with the software update and run the rest of the config after the reboot.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Knut_Haugom
Explorer

Hi Maarten.

We are using an external partner to do the installations, and we need to provide all config files prior to the installations.

Would I be able to generate many files based on input from other text or csv files using Filemaker Pro ? Many of the locations are using static ip or pppoe auth on the wan if.

After some attemts I have also found a set of commands that is working well. I also had a problem deleting the LAN1_Switch - solved this by these two lines in the script:

delete interface LAN1_Switch
set dhcp server interface LAN1 disable

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Please send me a Private Message?

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Jesús_Toledano
Contributor

In case you temporary could get an ip through the wan interface, you could use Zero Touch Deployment Tool to this task you want. You can know more about in the sk116375.

HTH,

Jesús

0 Kudos
Knut_Haugom
Explorer

How can you generate separate config for each gateway by using this tool ? I see I can use a script in the template, but then the script has to be generated before I configure the template ?

0 Kudos
Jesús_Toledano
Contributor

Hi Knut,

In this case, as the appliances will have different WAN IP addresses, you had to configure one template per appliance. The same you had to do with a script.

The steps would be:

- Configure the templates

- Claim the devices and choose their right template

- Connect the device to a DHCP network to get access to the Internet and be able to do Zero touch deployment.

HTH,

Jesús

0 Kudos
Knut_Haugom
Explorer

I ended up using a vbscript I found here: Replace Text in Plain Text Files from the Command Line 

Building the commands in Excel saved me a lot of time editing the files 🙂

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events