cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sagar_Manandhar
Advisor

Export object and policy from R80 to R80.10

Hi,

Is there the way i Can export object and policy from R80 to R80.10? 

Regards,
Sagar Manandhar

8 Replies
Maik
Advisor

Hey,

If I understand you correctly, you want to achieve the following thing:

-> You have a R80 SMS with objects and policies

-> You have another SMS, that is running R80.10

-> You want to move the objects and policies from the R80 SMS to the R80.10 one

There is a tool, which comes preinstalled on Gaia, it's called "migrate export/import". It basically does just what you want to achieve. So "migrate export" creates a backup of all Check Point configurations, without operating system information. You will receive an output file, that can be imported via "migrate import" on the R80.10 device. You have to keep in mind, that with newer gaia versions, also these pre installed tools may have some changes and adjustments. Therefore you should copy the migrate tool from the R80.10 to the R80 SMS in order to create a backup, that can be imported without any problems onto the R80.10 SMS. More information can be picked up from here.

Regards,

Maik

0 Kudos
Sagar_Manandhar
Advisor

I don't thing there is migration tool to migrate from R80 to R80.10 the only way to do that is to use CPUSE.

0 Kudos
Maik
Advisor

If you copy the migrate tool from the R80.10 to the R80 SMS and then run <upgrade_tools_path>/migrate export <filename>.tgz (upgrade_tools_path is the path were the previously copied R80.10 upgrade tools can be found), you should be able to create a backup file that can be imported via <migration_tools_path>/migrate import <path_exported_database>/<filename>.tgz on the R80.10 device. Maybe I misunderstand your question as you are talking about a migration from R80 to R80.10. Do you just want the mentioned objects and policies or the whole SMS to go from R80 to R80.10? As to now I understand you in the way, that you have two different SMS, one with R80 and another one with R80.10.

Sagar_Manandhar
Advisor

Since azure checkpoint dont give CPUSE upgrade to R80.10 and there is no migration tool from R80 to r80.10 i am having difficulty to migrate host, network and policy from r80 to r80.10. If  i could migrate the host, network it would be easier for me.

0 Kudos
Alejandro_Mont1
Collaborator

Advanced database migration from R80 to R80.10 is not supported-only CPUSE. The bottom of Sk118717 appears to describe your scenario and it looks like engaging TAC is the best way forward.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Curious, why not R80.20.M1?

I believe we support a migrate export/import between R80 and R80.20.M1.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Second that

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

small clarification: this would work from Security Management Server to Security Management Server or from a Multi-Domain Management Server to a Multi-Domain Management Server.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events