cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bartsmajdor
Explorer

Enabling monitoring blade - gateway performance

Hi experts.

I have 2 questions for you as can't find the answer anywhere looking online.

1. I believe I have a license for monitoring blade already included although it's not listed? Reading that these days monitoring blade license is included as a default. Could you please confirm. Below is what I have.

CPSB-FW-HA

CPSB-VPN-HA

CPSB-ADNC-HA

CPSB-IA-HA

CPSB-MOB-5-HA

CPSB-NPM-For-GW

CPSB-LOGS-For-GW

2. Will turning on the monitoring blade on a cluster object via smart dashboard cause any memory/cpu intensive tasks on a gateway? And having monitoring blade enabled - does it add a lot CPU/memory to the gateway processes? The reason I'm asking is the gateway runs over 80% CPU throughout the day already and I'm worried I might kill it when I turn monitoring on.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Pretty sure the answer is no based on those SKUs.
Check cplic print -p output for an "rtm" license primitive to confirm.
Note that enabling Monitoring blade does have a performance impact (how much, depends).
0 Kudos
venstrejani
Explorer

Thanks for the reply @PhoneBoy

Could you elaborate a little more on the performance impact?

Im currenlty working on analyzing a slow performance case, and Im considering enabling the monitoring blade to get a better picture of the traffic (unfortunately we've lost cpview/top-connections as we're running R80.30). Im hesitant to enabling the monitoring blade as we've got no real-life experience on the actual impact this might have.

Any advise here would be helpful. Cheers 🙂

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Usually the impact is minimal, unless you use "Active connections" view in Smartview monitor.

More info here: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R80/CP_R80_LoggingAndMonitoring/html_frameset.htm?topic=documen...

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Enabling all the SmartView Monitoring checkboxes under SmartView Monitor History Reports can cause higher than normal CPU utilization on your Firewall Workers/Instances in certain situations, see here for details: sk173924: High CPU for all fw_workers when Monitoring blade is Active

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events