Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Direct access from SmartConsole

Last week I wanted to use the WebUI and had the domain SmartConsole open for the specific domain. Right-click on the gateway and selecting Open WebUI from the actions menu ends up with a browser with https://<IP> You would expect this to be more that sufficient, however we do not use 443 as the Web ssl-port. Now the weird part: in the gateway overview, there is also a very "useful" column Recommended Updates which is also a link to the gateway, when you click that one we found that now the port is added to the URL.

When will custom commands return to the MDS view?

Regards, Maarten
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

As we very recently installed the Jumbo take 169 and I did not test it with that version yet, I am ashamed to say that this issue has been resolved with the installation of that Jumbo take on our Multi Domain management server.

Regards, Maarten

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Mark_Mitchell
Advisor

Hi Maarten, 

From what you have said this sounds like it may be a bug/oversight within SmartConsole. I would recommend raising it with TAC to take a look. 

Regards

Mark

0 Kudos
Ari_Heber
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi Maarten,

First, I'd love to see the problem closely, since both buttons ("Open WebUI" and "Recommended Updates") use the same service to navigate you to Gaia portal.

By the way, this web service actually has a logic of appending the port (according to device type), but first it uses the following configuration on the gateway (see image):

Gateway editor -> Platforms Portal -> Platform Administration Web Portal -> Main URL.

If something is still wrong, logically or in terms of usability, I'd love to hear from you so we can improve our product.

Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Dear Ari,

The platform portal is precisely where we put the information and add the port  number, I know this always overwrites the local setting.

I just tested it this week with the lates R80.10 client and the action does not use the port while the x updates link does.

Thanks Maarten.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Ari_Heber
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

HI Maarten,

Thank you for the clarification. Would you like to take it offline so I can check the behavior\logs ?

Ari

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Sure Ari, Tomer Sole has my details. I'll be in the office tomorrow.

Regards, Maarten
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

As we very recently installed the Jumbo take 169 and I did not test it with that version yet, I am ashamed to say that this issue has been resolved with the installation of that Jumbo take on our Multi Domain management server.

Regards, Maarten
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Oh one minor detail on Embedded devices, there is no SmartPortal config page to add the port number. Neither will it take the correct IP for a DAIP device, that has been connected to the management, so it will know the real IP of the device at that moment..

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events