cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
William_Mikanow
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus
Jump to solution

Dear R80 expert, Does rule impact is part of first release? If it’s the case do you have more information how it’s working? Based on logs? Can we inject logs from third party vendor using syslog parser and see the impact on other fw in the access contr

Dear R80 expert,

Does rule impact is part of first release?

If it’s the case do you have more information how it’s working? Based on logs?

Can we inject logs from third party vendor using syslog parser and see the impact on other fw in the access control chain when using multiple vendors…

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Change Impact works on the logs server. Therefore, if you inject logs and they answer the given queries, they will be presented in the change impact dialog.

It will not be released with R80 due to quality level and is currently scheduled for R80.10.

Update:

This content did not enter R80.10. We will update once we have a target release for this.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Change Impact works on the logs server. Therefore, if you inject logs and they answer the given queries, they will be presented in the change impact dialog.

It will not be released with R80 due to quality level and is currently scheduled for R80.10.

Update:

This content did not enter R80.10. We will update once we have a target release for this.

0 Kudos
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

Tomer,

Should it work allready in R80.10?

I get the impression R80 was showing something when I did test a syslog parser.

But at present I can't get anything usefull into my R80.10 lab server from the syslog files.

(See other posts for the sample code.)

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Sorry, I updated my response above regarding target releases.

I get the impression R80 was showing something when I did test a syslog parser.

can you please elaborate on the "something"?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events