cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roy_Smith
Collaborator

Compliance blade issue with application categories

Hi

I've come across an issue with the compliance blade and application/url categories. The compliance blade does not seem to pick the categories when they are included in a group. I believe this is a limitation of the compliance blade. So I thought I could create a shared layer, with a rule for each category then use it as an inline layer within our policies. However, this does not seem to work - the compliance blade still does not pick up the rule when it is part of an inline layer. If I put it as a normal rule, the compliance blade does pick it up. 

Other aspects of inline layers do seem to work with the compliance blade, e.g. if rules in an inline layer do not have comments, these are highlighted by the compliance bladed. It just looks like there is an issue with application/url categories.

Has anyone seen this? Is there a way of getting around it?

I am running R80.40 with JHF take48.

Many thanks

Roy

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Corinne_Vakulen
Employee
Employee

Hello Roy,

There is a similar bug we have recently fixed, which seems to be the same case. It’s important to note that the fix added support for Application & URL best practices only. It was delivered privately for R80.40 and yet not ported into our main release.  

Please contact me directly at corinnev@checkpoint.com, so we can discuss a possible fix for you.

Thank you

Corinne

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events