cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quanglnh
Participant

Checkpoint OPSEC LEA with LogRhythm SIEM

Hi Everyone,

I have a Smart-1 5150 device that manage 90 checkpoint gateway. I want to integrated it with LogRhythm SIEM.

I was create a host object for LogRhythm SIEM with it IP.

I was create a OPSEC Application for it and also pull certificates from Check Point Smart-1 devices.

sic1.PNG

sic2.PNG

Now i need to provide the information below on LogRhythm SIEM :

• opsec_sic_name "OPSEC_APP_SIC_DN"
  • lea_server ip IP_ADDRESS
  • lea_server auth_port 18184
  • lea_server auth_type sslca
  • lea_server opsec_entity_sic_name "LOG_SERVER_DN"
  • opsec_sslca_file "C:\checkpoint_config\opsec.p12"

"OPSEC_APP_SIC_DN" is the DN name in OPSEC Application which is "CN=LogRhythm-XM,O=CP-Smart1..ksmkv" in my picture. Is this corect ?

"lea_server auth_type" is sslca. Is this only 1 type is sslca or any orther type ?
"LOG_SERVER_DN" i not sure where to collect this infor ? i going to the web portal of Smart-1 device and see the DN in Certificate Authority tab as below :

sic3.PNG

is this the right DN for "LOG_SERVER_DN". Since Smart-1 devices í manage all orther firewall, the "LOG_SERVER_DN" is the DN of Smart01 device, right ?

Cause after configure, i still can't receive any log on LogRhythm SIEM about Check Point OPSEC. Please help me solve this issue. Thanks!

21 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Log Server DN would appear on the object for your log server in SmartConsole, which could theoretically not be your Smart-1 server.
0 Kudos
quanglnh
Participant

Hi PhoneBoy,

Thanks for your response, but i'm not really understand what you try to say. Smart-1 server manage all my gateways and by default the gateways send log to Smart-1 server, right ? I don't configure any orther external log server. All i has done is add gateways to Smart-1, Install policy from Smart-1 to gateways. Then, i login SmartConsole to Smart-1 and see logs from gateways. So Smart-1 should be my log server ?
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

In your case, the Log Server would be the Smart-1 server.
The relevant DN should show on the relevant object in SmartConsole.

In any case, Log Exporter is how we are integrating with SIEMs going forward.
Nice to know we have official support in EA.
0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Why not use cp log exporter? As for what I can see the SIEM is on your internal network, you could send the traffic cleartext there is no need for the TLS method. See SK122323.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
quanglnh
Participant

Dear Maarten_Sjouw,

Thanks for your response, i will check the sk you refer and give it a try. Have a nice day!

0 Kudos
Dan_Zada
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi,

In the last few weeks we developed new integration with LogRhythm, based on the log exporter.

If you want, we can add you to the EA program so you will enjoy simple and improved integration between Check Point and LR.

We will contact you personally about it.

Thanks!

Dan.

0 Kudos
quanglnh
Participant

Dear Dan_Zada,

Yes, it would be great. Please add me to it. I have both Check Point and LogRhythm in my System and i really want to make it work together.

0 Kudos
Shay_Hibah
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi @quanglnh 

I added you to our EA program.

I just sent a message with more information about it - please check your CheckMates inbox.

Regards,

Shay

0 Kudos
quanglnh
Participant

Thanks alot,

I hope we can solve this issue soon!

0 Kudos
startoff
Participant

Hi Shay

We‘re in the same boat - it would be great if you can add me also to the EA to provide me some additional informations.

Thank you.

Roland

0 Kudos
Dan_Zada
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi @startoff 

I will ask the relevant people from my group to contact you.

0 Kudos
Scott_Chambers
Participant

Dan,

Could I get access to the EA as well? We have a dedicated CP log server, with our management server as fallback. Our efforts to get LEA setup to LogRhythm for this deployment has not gotten anywhere and would like to see about exporting via log exporter if Checkpoint and LogRhythm have a supported solution now.

Thanks in advance 🙂
0 Kudos
Shay_Hibah
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi Scott,

My name is Shay and I am in charge of LogRhythm EA program.
I sent you a private massage - please check your inbox.

Regards,
Shay
0 Kudos
Enrique_Mejia
Participant

Dear Dan_Zada

We‘re in the same issue - please add me also to the EA program to provide me some additional informations.

Thank you.

Enrique
0 Kudos
Reuben_W
Explorer

Dear Dan 

Kindly add me also i have a similar setup

0 Kudos
Titus_Kimathi
Explorer
Explorer

Hello Dan_Zada,

Kindly add  me  to EA program.

Regards

Titus

0 Kudos
Andrew_Muthian1
Explorer

Dear Dan

Kindly add me to the EA program

0 Kudos
stuartp
Explorer

Hi Dan

Please can you add us to this EA program?

Many thanks

Stuart 

0 Kudos
Eric_Knopp
Participant

Is this EA program the OPSEC LEA for 7.4.1+ Log Processing Policy or something different/new/improved? We'd like to hear more about this program.

Also, I've been searching the help site and cannot find whether the Checkpoint OPSEC application for collection supports Server Core 2019 for the Agent collector server OS?

Thank you
Eric

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The EA has nothing to do with LEA and everything to do with Log Exporter, which can export logs in various syslog formats.
We have worked with and are continuing to work with a number of SIEM vendors to ensure they can properly parse the logs from Log Exporter.
See: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Logging-and-Reporting/Log-Exporter-guide/m-p/9035#M968

LEA in general isn't going away, but we are focusing our efforts on improving Log Exporter.
All future integrations should not use LEA and use Log Exporter instead.

With regards to LogRhythm, I'm not exactly sure where this is in the process.
0 Kudos
chrisw
Explorer

Hey Dan,

Any way I can get in on this EA program as well?

Chris

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events