Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Masood_ahmad
Participant

Check_Point_SmartConsole_R80.10_Local_Demo_Windows

i, I have SmartConsole R80.10 running on Virtual Box. I am trying to access GAiA portal via Gui but i cannot access it as I am getting error message "Permission denied" message. I can see mgmt server and gateways are up as well but none of them are accessible to me.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You cannot connect to the WebUI of these gateways in Demo Mode because they do not actually exist.

Some features are not available in Demo Mode as a result.

0 Kudos
Masood_ahmad
Participant

Hi Dameon,

Thanks for your reply. I noticed, if I right click on mgmt gateway, i get an option of "open shell" under action, but when i try to login via credentials i am logged on Smart Console, I get message, "Username and Password are incorrect". Just wondering if Demo has shell login disable as well?

Also if someone can help in suggesting what can and Can't demo do for newbie like me. I under you can publish policy but you cannot install it. Also perhaps on Demo Version, you cannot take back up / restore config as it says "SIC not established"

Also when i try running SMARTViiew for lets say Branch Office, I get error, connection with "Branch Office is lost". I get connection time out message when i click System under System Counters in SMARTView Monitor.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Any function in SmartConsole that relies on communicating to the gateway will not work in Demo Mode because these gateways do not exist, as noted previously.

That includes Open Shell, anything involving SIC, SmartView Monitor, and so on.

Publishing changes to the policy happens entirely on management and will work in Demo Mode.

Policy installation, however, will not work as that requires communicating to the gateway.

Your local Check Point SE can provide a more detailed demonstration.

If needed, please send me a private message and I will assist in connecting you.

Masood_ahmad
Participant

Dameon, many thanks for detailed explanation.

0 Kudos
Masood_ahmad
Participant

Hi Dameon, I tried to download "R80.10 Cloud Demo" but got error warning message below

You are not entitled to download this file.

I was not able to find how to send private message so perhaps sending on this forum. I might need some help to keep in touch with local Check Point SE regarding this. Perhaps you can suggest way forward.

Also Tomer Sole mentioned about command line validation, as below, so I wonder if that feature is available on R80.10 and if so how would i access that feature.

4. Command line validation support - everything is safe when changing via command line

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You should be able to private message me now that I'm following you Smiley Happy

As noted in the SK where the Cloud Demo file, you need to have an active software subscription to get it.

Your SE may be able to assist in getting this granted on a temporary basis, which I am working to locate based on your UserCenter contact details. 

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

The gateways in Demo Mode do not actually exist. This is why any operation that needs a direct contact, will either fail or have a fake answer (example of a fake answer: traffic logs)

Demo Mode is a virtualized Management-only software inside your Windows machine.

Hopefully this guideline will help your intuition on what you can experience in Demo and what isn't supported. For more questions, you can also use this thread.

Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

instead of staying on the limitations let's elaborate on the positive:

https://community.checkpoint.com/thread/5447-a-brief-history-of-demo-mode-for-policy-editor-and-smar... 

Benefits of linux-based demo mode in R80.10:

Before R80, the following features only used to work with a "real server" aka buy a license if you want to see for sure, but with R80.10, because even the demo environment is a full-blown operating system with validations and processes, you can run the following IN DEMO MODE:

1. Multiple users having different permission profiles to view/edit aspects of SmartConsole

2. Packet mode search on the rulebase

3. Compliance security alerts

4. Command line validation support - everything is safe when changing via command line

5. Interaction from configuration and logs - add exceptions, view relevant logs for rule, create hosts from logs.

6. You can share your demo environment with others, using your demo ID. So you can create a customized view and have others work on it as well.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events