cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrl_sousa
Participant

Cannot Publish, Discard,and Takeover old user session

Hi,

I try to disable “SmartEvent server” e o “SmartEvent correlation Unit” with my user “XXXXX” ( Superuser). Then SMS took me out of the session.

Now when i try to login with my user( XXXX) it gives me an Error : "An Internal Error has occured" .

I login with “admin” user and i see that “SmartEvent server” e o “SmartEvent correlation Unit” in SMS is "Gray-out". 

I Moved to Management and settings with “admin” user and try to “publish”, “discard” and “takeover"  the user "XXXX" session but i cannot it gives all different errors ( See in attached File).

Can someone please help me resolve this situation ( recover my user,publish,etc.)

Regards,

Mauro de Sousa

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Sometimes the connection has not been identified yet as being closed, the timeout sometimes takes a while, does the connection show as disconnected already?
As a last resort you could try a cpstop cpstart
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
mrl_sousa
Participant

Hi Maarten ,

The connection shows " Disconnected". I've restarted SMS at least 2x times, and still nothing changes.

Regards,
Mauro

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Then I'm afraid you will need to involve TAC and open a case.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Sigbjorn
Advisor
Advisor

Have you tried discarding the session through the API?

I had something similar a while back, where the gui wouldn't let me touch the session, but using the API I could grab the session details and discard and disconnect it.

0 Kudos
mrl_sousa
Participant

Hi,

No i have no try to discard the session using the API.
Can you please give me the steps ( commands,etc.) if possible?because i don't have the knowledge on how to do it.

Regards,

Mauro de Sousa
0 Kudos
Sigbjorn
Advisor
Advisor

If you are not familiar with the API and scripting, its easiest to use the "Command Line" that you will find in the bottom left corner of SmartConsole.

Start with "show sessions" and find the UID of the session you want to terminate. (You can run "show session uid <uid>" for more details about each session if needed.)

Once you have the uid, run a "disconnect uid <uid> discard true"

0 Kudos
mrl_sousa
Participant

Hi,

Sorry for the late response. But i've tried the steps that you gave me , i disconnected the session but nothing changes, i still have SmartEvent server” and “SmartEvent correlation Unit” in SMS is "Gray-out"
0 Kudos
Sigbjorn
Advisor
Advisor

Better create/update a TAC case and get proper support with the issue then. 🙂

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

You may want to try running the "CPM Doctor" tool and see what it says, whenever I'm having problems with something related to the responsibilities of the cpm process (like SmartConsole issues) this tool gives great hints about where to look:

sk117219: CPM Doctor for Security Management Server R80 and above

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events