cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sarayut_Romsuk
Participant
Jump to solution

Can't install policy due to gateways obj don't show in policy target

After my customer restored backup by use upgrade_import to new Mgmt(Gaia R77.30), They can't install policy because Firewall gateways object don't show up in policy target. Please advise me to solved this issues.

Note: Sic status is communicating / SMS can ping to the gateways as normal.
I tried with SK77821 already but no luck.

Look like gateway object don't show in Smartview monitor too.

No gateway object showTried to specific target and got this error

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Sarayut_Romsuk
Participant

Hi, Thank you everyone. I found the root cause already, it's from label of gateway propterties.
I don't know thy after restored the label change to R77 when I try to change to R77.30.
It can install policy.

View solution in original post

Patrick_Jung
Participant

Hello.

Reboot the Mgmt server.

I tried cpstop;cpstart twice, deleted mgmt cache, deleted smartconsole cache but didn't solve it.(sk100507)

Finally rebooted and the issue was resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Aloke_Paul
Participant

Try from another system as well......if this works...

0 Kudos
Sarayut_Romsuk
Participant

I use this backup and restored in my VM environment. Found the same issues.

0 Kudos
Leo_Lin
Explorer

Did you add any gateway in  MGMT?

0 Kudos
Sarayut_Romsuk
Participant

This mgmt have the gateways obj already, Sic status is communicating. Just gateways obj disappeared when I try to install policy.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

what happens if you click on "select targets"?

0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

Install database ?

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos
Aloke_Paul
Participant

Have you added gw with new migrated Manager? If already SIC established please try from another CP Dashboard.

Looks like existing CP Dashboard may having issue... from where yiu are trying to push policy.....

0 Kudos
Sarayut_Romsuk
Participant

Hi, Thank you everyone. I found the root cause already, it's from label of gateway propterties.
I don't know thy after restored the label change to R77 when I try to change to R77.30.
It can install policy.

yashpal_singh
Explorer

I have faced the same issue with R80.10 but found the solution to run a script to delete the duplicate entries in database.

0 Kudos
VolkerT
Explorer

I have a somewhat similar problem: My Dashboard show only the manager in the overview and I can´t install policies from the gui, there are no targets to install to. My gateways are present in the Database and SIC is running. When I "install-policy" from the CLI it works fine as usual, but no gateways in the GUI. Management ist R80.40, Gateways a mix of 80.40 and older. Any ideas? The gateways where present until a recent reboot of the management. Can´t find any additional problem.

0 Kudos
Patrick_Jung
Participant

Hello, yashpal_singh.

Have you run any solutions?

I'm currently having the same issue with R80.x and am very stumped.

thank you.

0 Kudos
Patrick_Jung
Participant

Hello.

Reboot the Mgmt server.

I tried cpstop;cpstart twice, deleted mgmt cache, deleted smartconsole cache but didn't solve it.(sk100507)

Finally rebooted and the issue was resolved.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events