Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roy_Kooijman
Explorer
Jump to solution

Adding rules is slow through the API

Hi,

I'm using the R80.10 management API to add firewall rules with the mgmt_cli tool. First I login, obtain the sessionid and then create firewall rules using the "add access-rule" command. Finally, the changes are published. For a couple of rules this works fine, but 200 rules takes 16 minutes. I add the rules using position "bottom", I would expect this to be nearly instant. I only publish at the end.

The mgmt is R80.10 running on a VM, but on a 3150 it isn't any faster.

Any tips to speed this up?

Cheers, Robbert

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_Decker
Advisor

One thing that I can offer you is to inverse the order - add rules from the bottom-most one and go up. Running the API in this way runs faster than adding rules top-to-bottom especially when dealing with adding many rules in the same session.

We are working on improving the performance of adding rules in the "to the bottom" situation.

Robert.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Robert_Decker
Advisor

One thing that I can offer you is to inverse the order - add rules from the bottom-most one and go up. Running the API in this way runs faster than adding rules top-to-bottom especially when dealing with adding many rules in the same session.

We are working on improving the performance of adding rules in the "to the bottom" situation.

Robert.

Roy_Kooijman
Explorer

I can confirm that for large rulebases, positioning on top is signficantly faster than on the bottom. Thanks for the answer.

Robbert

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events