cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Galb
Explorer

message log : Global param: operation failed: Unknown parameter

Hello

We are starting to get events in message log after installing a new GW .

kernel: [fw4_0];Global param: operation failed: Unknown parameter (param name vpn_cluster_on_aws)

I have searched the forum and found https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Security-Gateways/Messages-Log-Unknown-parameter-param-name-file... which pointed me to search for the parameter 

grep fileapp_max_upload_file_size /opt/CPsuite-R80.40/fw1/boot/modules/* , I only found part of of the param like _aws  or cluster_ but not the whole string. fwkern.conf does not exist .

I thing this is related to QOS service (when running etmstop errors seem  to have stopped)

-  

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idants
Employee
Employee

Hi,

This is a cosmetic issue which have no impact on functionality.

It will be fixed in the next JHF take.

Thanks,

Idan Tsarfati.

0 Kudos
Galb
Explorer

Thanks,

1. is this related to QOS?

2. I am trying to corollate this to an issue I have has with VPN site to site that dropped while these messages were in the log , so I am not yet sure this is only a cosmetic issue 

0 Kudos
idants
Employee
Employee

It is not related to QoS but for VPN.

There is no functional impact. Anyway, this cosmetic error is related to Remote-Access and not to S2S.

0 Kudos
Galb
Explorer

Thanks

0 Kudos
Galb
Explorer

Hi

I am very sure this is related to the below in one way or another..:

1. 80:40 take 94

2. QOS

3. VPN STS/client

this issue started after take 94 was installed, the messages appear right after QOS service is started, vPN is dropped one hour QOS service start, message is stopped when stopping QOS, after cpstop/spstart QOS service does not start

reverting to take 91 solves the issue

0 Kudos
idants
Employee
Employee

See my last response.

I said that it is related to VPN RA and doesn't have any functional impact.

The fact that it appear during QoS policy is probably related to some operation which is done during the policy installation but not directly to QoS blade.

It will be fixed in the next JHF.

If you are experiencing a functional impact, please create SR, but it is not related to this message.

0 Kudos
Galb
Explorer

Okay

Thanks!

0 Kudos
arjanh
Explorer

We're on R80.40 JHF T120 without any vpn config whatsoever, and we're seeing lots of these log messages.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events