Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patrick_Bateman
Explorer

dhcp server error

This is probably really simple but I'm fairly new to the world of check point.

When I attempt to enable DHCP Server I receive an error of, "At least one subnet should be configured and enabled in order for the DHCP server to be enabled. DHCP server, Interface selection error."

I attached two screen shots of the DHCP Server Subnet Configuration window.

I'm probably overlooking something obvious, but I'm hopeful that someone could help! Thank you in advance.

12 Replies
Patrick_Bateman
Explorer

anyone?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Considering I just followed the same basic steps and it worked (albeit with a different subnet), I'm inclined to think you're running into a bug of some sort.

Granted, I did it on R80.10 + JHF 56

What release are you doing it on?

0 Kudos
JuPo
Employee Employee
Employee

Check sk113600 if the end-user vlan is not directly connected to the CheckPoint FW and you are using DHCP relay agent (L3 switch/router).

end-user-vlan ->> L3 switch/router (DHCP relay agent) ->> CeckPoint FW (DHCP server)

0 Kudos
D_W
Advisor

I have the descriped setup with R80.10:

end-user-vlan ->> L3 switch/router (DHCP relay agent) ->> CheckPoint FW (DHCP server)

Scopelocal is enabled on the route. But still I cannot activate the DHCP server.

grafik.png

grafik.png

grafik.png

Anyone any idea?

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Is the 10.22.96.0/22 network configured on one of the interfaces?
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
D_W
Advisor

No there is a route to 10.22.96.0/22 via the L3 switch. The L3 switch is configured with dhcp relay to the checkpoint.
0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Hmmm, not quite sure if that is supported by Check Point, I think only locally connected networks are supported.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
D_W
Advisor

I think it is supported. I found nothing official but sk113600 is a hint.
0 Kudos
chrisbrooks
Explorer

Hi,
Were you ever able to get this working? Any inputs would be helpful.

Seeing exact same error when trying to enable DHCP server.
I've got similar setup, trying to migrate away from Windows DHCP to reduce On-Prem presence.

end user vlan---> L3 switch (Relay agent) ---> Check Point FW (DHCP Server)

Subnet is enabled, just when I enable DHCP server I see the attached error.

Running Check Point version R81.20

Thanks
Kanishka

0 Kudos
D_W
Advisor

I'm not sure this specific gateway is not in use any more.
Have you checked https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk113600
I just now see that sk113600 is not mentioning R81.20!
You can ask in the SK directly if this also is supported on R81.20 by pushing the NO button (was this helpful? -> no) at the end of the page.

0 Kudos
chrisbrooks
Explorer

Thank you, I've submitted feedback on SK113600

0 Kudos
RoyS
Employee
Employee

Here’s an example of how to do it:

Let’s assume 192.168.77.0 is the physical interface. I will enable the DHCP server on this interface with no address pools, so it will listen on port 67.

1.png

Then, I can add a network, such as 1.2.3.0/24, which is not bound to any interface, configure a pool for it, and enable the DHCP server on that network.

2.png

Just make sure to have a route (either static or dynamic) to the 1.2.3.0/24 network, as the server will respond to this network with a DHCP replay packet .

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events