cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cosmos
Advisor

VSX changes not published, gateways out of sync with CMA

Hi CP fans...

Not sure where to post this as the "more" option in the community "Select Location" dropdown renders this page useless, another pink problem but minor in comparison to this.

Problem: New VS created on VSX gateway cluster. Process succeeds, and the new VS exists on the cluster with InitialPolicy and trust established. Only the console did not publish the changes, we could see 21 unpublished changes in the console.

We go to manually publish the changes, and notice the publish dialog is pre-populated with the following details:

Session Name: VSX Configuration

Description: Published automatically

On publishing, the following console error is displayed: Publish Failed com.checkpoint.management.coresvc.ObjectNotFoundException: Object not found - [some-UUIID]

The session was discarded, with the VS configured on the gateway but the VS is not in SmartConsole due to the discarded changes that could NOT be published. Now I have a VS I cannot manage or install policy on, nor can I delete because it does not exist in the console.

I'm having to log support calls to do seemingly normal things with this product, it more than doubles the time we anticipate on these jobs.

Is there any 'normal' way to recover from this situation, e.g. manually remove the VS from the gateway or get the CMA to pull the config back? Or is it another half day open-heart surgery?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
This widget could not be displayed.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events