Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PEO
Participant

Skyline - capacity of Prometheus/Grafana server

Any minimum and general capacity requirements for a Skyline server?

The usual stuff: Storage, RAM, CPU etc.

Lets say, supporting data from 50 gateways.

Regards, Poul Erik

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Grafana and Prometheus are Open Source.

You can see the minimal requirements for Grafana here: https://grafana.com/docs/grafana/latest/setup-grafana/installation/ 
Prometheus doesn't provide any hard guidance, but they do provide some details here:

How this translates to 50 Check Point devices, I can't say.
@Tsahi_Etziony approximately what specs are we using to test this?

Arik_Ovtracht
Employee
Employee

The storage requirement for the Prometheus database for storing Skyline data is roughly 25MB per reporting device for the default retention period of 15 days. This default can be changed in the Prometheus server configuration, and you should change the calculation accordingly.

We don't have exact numbers for the CPU and RAM requirements, but I can tell you that we have tested a couple dozen reporting devices to a Prometheus&Grafana server installed on a little VM with 4 cores and 8GB of RAM. For larger environments, I would advise getting something a little more robust, but you can see that it doesn't have to be too big.

Daniel1107
Explorer

Hello Erik,

can you give us information how much capacity you use now for your Servers (Prometheus&Grafana)?

I have almost the same number of gateways so this would be very interesting for me.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos
Elad_Chomsky
Employee
Employee

It is varied, as we have multiple environments, but usually we use a server with the following spec -

4 Cores, 8-16 GB Memory, 50-100 GB Disk space.

Usually it is enough for all of our internal lab needs. But there is no specific recommendation - scaling should be done by monitoring and observing the current load on the system.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events