Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SantiagoPlatero
Collaborator

SecureXL and Local Address Spoofing on R77.30

Hi all, last week I stumbled upon a weird issue with SXL on an Open Server running R77.30.

The issue only appears to happen when local wireless users (going through other gateway than the Check Point) tried to access to the Outlook Web Access server, which is located on the DMZ and is statically nated to a public IP address, bound to the external interface of the Check Point.

With SecureXL enabled, the Check Point gateway drops all traffic from this wireless users when they tried to access to the OWA portal, or when their phones tried to sync mails via ActiveSync to this OWA server. In all the cases the drop reason was "Local Address Spoofing".

Although I specifically added the natted (hide) internet address for these wireless users to the "Don't check packets from" dropdown on the external interface of the conflicting gateway, the issue remains and the drop reason was always "Local Address Spoofing".

I could only solve the issue disabling SecureXL. It didn't mind to me have SXL disabled in this gateway, as its licensed to only one core and have a marginal usage. But as I found some SK's regarding issues with SXL and spoofing in clusters, gateways with bridged interfaces, virtual systems and so on... But-but this is an standalone gateway, it doesn't have any bridged interfaces and it's not a VSX.

Also I didn't find any clue regarding this issue in the Known Limitations' SK for R77.30.

Maybe a bug?

Note aside, although the two internet services are deployed on the same physical site, the Check Point gateway was never connected to the internet service provided for the wireless users. 

Also, this gateway is managed by a R80.20 management.

Hope the picture were pretty clearly described.

Thanks!

2 Replies
This widget could not be displayed.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events