Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnnyringo
Advisor
Jump to solution

Route-based VPN from CheckPoint CloudGuard IaaS in GCP to Palo Alto VM-300 in AWS

Side A is a CheckPoint CloudGuard IaaS R80.30 in GCP, deployed as HA.  

Side B is a Palo Alto VM-300 in AWS, software 8.1.14, deployed in as a standalone.  

Per the R80.30 GCP HA deployment guide, I've set the link selection and VPN domain configuration on the gateway.  In the VPN Community, I've selected "Accept all encrypted traffic" and "One VPN Tunnel per Gateway pair"

On the Palo Alto side, I basically followed this guide, created custom IKE and IPSec profiles to match the CheckPoint defaults, set the Palo Alto's public IP address as Local Identification, then added a static route to the tunnel interface with next hop as "None"

Both Phase 1 and Phase 2 are up, but I can't get traffic flowing through the tunnel.  On the Palo Alto, IPSec tunnels, clicking on Tunnel Info, I can see the "pkt encap" counter does increase when I'm sending test traffic from that end.  On the CheckPoint side, the command vpn tu tlist in expert mode shows the Phase 2 SA with 0.0.0.0/0 as the TS in both directions.  A packet capture shows ESP traffic leaving the CheckPoint to the Palo Alto's public IP.  

Both the Palo and CheckPoint are terminating other VPN tunnels that are working fine, so seems like it's a very particular issue between the two. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
This widget could not be displayed.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events