Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arend
Contributor

R81.10 Using Azure AD for Authorization

Using Azure AD for Authorization (checkpoint.com)

Identity Awareness R81.10 Administration Guide (Using Azure AD for Authorization)

Hi,

i follow the explanation 'Using Azure AD for Authorization' in Identity Awareness R81.10 Administration Guide and at step 2.f we do no get the option as explained in the step 2.f edit 'User Attributes & Claims'

As you can see in our screenshot we are Required to fill in "Basic SAML Configuration" first and number 2 is not called 'User Attributes & Claims' but just 'Attributes & Claims'.

Our example: 

1) Basic SAML Configuration (Edit option)

2) Attributes & Claims   <-- this option is different then the manual

Manual example:

2) User Attributes & Claims

Having tried different options any idea what we are missing?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

@Royi_Priov can you have someone on your team look at this?

0 Kudos
Arend
Contributor

Hi,

Microsoft has a tutorial on how to configure  Azure AD for Authorization with Check Point Identity Awareness

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/saas-apps/check-point-identity-awareness-tut...

They refer to an application "Check Point Identity Awareness" which is indeed available under Enterprise applications.

The 'Identity Awareness R81.10 Administration Guide' however is still refering to creating your own non-gallery application. The admin guide is outdated and i am looking to understand the full process to integrate Azure AD with Check Point Identity Awareness.

The Check Point video "Using Azure AD for Authorization" in the Identity Awareness R81.10 Administration Guide is also outdated and takes a different path then Microsoft tutorial

Can anybody explain (or refer a source) how to set this up and what test we can use to test end to end?

I have put together my own steps, see attached, as a combination of the three sources referred to in the PDF

Thx a million.

Arend

Adi_Babai
Employee
Employee

Hi Arend,

You are right, some of the attributes name were changed in MS Azure portal, we will work on update it in our Admin guide.

Regarding to your specific question - 'User Attributes & Claims' was changed to 'Attributes & Claims'. The reason you don't see the 'Edit' option is because you must fill in the required fields in 'Basic SAML Configuration', only after you fill these fields you will see the 'Edit'. The instructions how to fill these fields appear in 'SAML configuration procedure' prior the Azure AD configuration phase. 

Please let me know if it help you.

Thanks,

Adi

0 Kudos
Arend
Contributor

Hi Adi, thank you for your response regarding Attributes & Claims.

'non-gallery' versus template

For Identity Awareness with Endpoint Security VPN would you choose the 'non-gallery' App as mentioned in the manual or would you choose the new Check Point Azure template App called "Check Point Identity Awareness" ?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events