Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fung_To_Puk
Participant

R77.30 standalone to full ha

I am trying to migrate a standalone R77.30 to full ha R77.30 in vmware then go to R80.40 on 2x6200, but it seems R77.30 cannot convert from standalone to full ha, even I followed the procedure on sk104699.

I also tested with a fresh installed R77.30 with jhf take351, on 1 policy that allow all traffic, its still does not work.

Had anybody had successfully convert a R77.30 standalone to Full HA before? any suggestion?

edit: I just found R80.40 known limitation (sk160753) they list 

PMTR-47457
It is not possible to convert a Standalone deployment (Security Gateway and Security Management on one computer) to a cluster member of a Full HA deployment - or vice versa. R7x

So, sk104699 claim R77.30 can use the procedure to convert from standalone to part of full ha primary member, but sk160753 claim all R7x cannot do this, which sk is the correct one?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I would strongly suggest not doing a Full HA config and instead consider using Smart-1 Cloud or buy an external management license/appliance.

Also, Full HA is only supported on physical Check Point appliances.
That said you didn’t provide any details about what “not working” means (ie exact errors/behaviors observed).

0 Kudos
Fung_To_Puk
Participant

Thanks PhoneBoy, I totally forgot Full HA only run on Appliances. But I only had 2x6200, so could I just make it import to vmware then using r80.40 migrate export to get the full ha config, then import on the 6200? or there are other way to upgrade a standalone 4600 to 2x6200 Full HA?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You have to do a fresh install on the 6200s and configure Full HA as part of the initial installation.
To copy the configuration from 4600, you’ll need to upgrade it to R80.x (can be done in VMware) and use the following tool: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/API-CLI-Discussion-and-Samples/Python-tool-for-exporting-importi...
This will require some manual work.

0 Kudos
Fung_To_Puk
Participant

Thanks for the reminder, I tried on physical appliance, the full HA worked. thanks.

Is it possible to change the name of primary member object in in R80.40 of full ha?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Does the UI not allow that?

0 Kudos
Fung_To_Puk
Participant

No, the smartconsole of R80.40 does not allow change of full HA primary member object name, only the cluster and secondary object name can be changed.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events