Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
supruzer1
Contributor
Jump to solution

Offline R77.30 Upgrade to R80.X

Hey Guys,

Want to upgrade R77.30 to R80.X offline method. I know the process but I don't want to fresh install. I want to upgrade. The command says installer install <Package_Number>. How can I be sure that it wont install but upgrade like it does via CPUSE? There is no documentation that I can find that differentiates or explains.

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Boaz_Orshav
Employee
Employee

Notice that if you type installer and then tab you get the options

Detailed instructions regarding GUI/Clish options are specified in SK92449

View solution in original post

supruzer1
Contributor

Excellent! Thank you Boaz

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
supruzer1
Contributor

Option to upgrade is there. (installer upgrade <package>) found it fortunately after lot of searching. Not documented in any upgrade guides the I read.

0 Kudos
Boaz_Orshav
Employee
Employee

Notice that if you type installer and then tab you get the options

Detailed instructions regarding GUI/Clish options are specified in SK92449

supruzer1
Contributor

Excellent! Thank you Boaz

0 Kudos
RamGuy239
Advisor
Advisor

What version of CPUSE/Deployment Agent are you running? In the later versions, the naming has changed to make this somewhat clearer. There is no installer install option anymore on major upgrade packets. You have to either do installer clean-install or installer upgrade. Making the difference more obvious to the user.

Certifications: CCSA, CCSE, CCSM, CCSM ELITE, CCTA, CCTE, CCVS, CCME
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Excellent point too...@supruzer1, definitely make sure deployment agent is latest version.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

As Boaz said, he is 100% correct...if you tab, it will give you the options and I am pretty positive that one option is upgrade. Its been while since I done it that way, but I know option is definitely there.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events