Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S_K_S
Contributor

No interactive SSH/HTTPS access to the firewall

We have recently installed a coupe of 6200 appliances as R80.40 VSX cluster. They still haven't entered production and have only very basic configuration like IP addresses, some SNMP, NTP stuff and so on. The firewalls are properly licensed, with 3 virtual firewall configured (blank policies at the moment, except for VS0 which has a few access-related rules). Until yesterday they were both accessible without issues for SSH, HTTPS. Smart Center could communicate with them, push database and policy, but for whatever reason the first node no longer is. If I try to SSH to it, I can successfully connect (Layer 3), enter username and password and after pressing Enter - it displays no prompt. I can keep pressing Enter and it will move one row down each time but that's all. Text can by typed but if you try to execute a command, nothing happens. Basically it's like typing on Notepad. Likewise I can connect to the Gaia portal via HTTPS, enter username and password and once I try to connect, the browser just tries indefinitely, no timeout even. On the Smart Console the first node shows as unreachable (red X). The best part is - it stays like that even after the on-site people power-cycled the appliance. Has anyone encountered anything like this?

0 Kudos
20 Replies
This widget could not be displayed.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events