Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Admin_CheckPoin
Participant

Is there a table to show the correspondence between 9-digit build number and the 2/3-digit build number?

I don't think I'm the only person who's VERY VERY annoyed by Check Point's obscurely hyper-confusing naming convention for its products' version!

I barely understood that the letter "T" stands for "take", HF for Hot Fix and B for build.  But when we need to compare versions, how are we supposed to read?

Is T better than HF?  How about the number behind them?  Suppose I have Tmmm, HFnnn and Bppp, should I just compare the mmm, nnn and ppp?

Why can't you make it simple and just use a single digit-and-dot string to represent versions?  For instance, 80.20.123.456 is later than 80.20.123.333!

And the final question is: is there a TABLE showing the correspondence between the 9-digit build number and the version and/or build number?

To add insult to injury, I have right now the setup of SmartConsole for "R80.20_EA_T395".  When I look at the "Help > About", the build number turns out to be 992000006 !!!  So, there's totally no relationship between the 3-digit number after T and the "build number".

PS: Thanks for the mess in version numbering.

2 Replies
This widget could not be displayed.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events