Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maller
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to stop only a virtual system in a R80.40 VSX box running other VS's

Hello  checkmates.... 

I'm afraid that it's not possible but I would like to ask you for this subject...

I have  to migrate a R80.40 VSX VS box (EoS) to a new hardware and inside this box there are running 5 VS. My intention is to do a one by one migration but  I need to stop only the migrated VS .  Is  it possible? I don't find any vsx command to stop only one VS.

Thank you

Manel

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

Another idea will be changing the VLAN IDs of the interfaces in the old VS before the new VS are started. With this you have a quick way to switch back.

View solution in original post

_Val_
Admin
Admin

You do not need to stop it. You can unload the policy on it, and disconnect it from the networks during migration. Once you moved traffic to a physical box, and it is proven to work well, you can just delete that VS, to finish the migration. You do not really need to stop a VS, though.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

@Maller cpstop/cpstart in the context of a VS stops and starts this virtual system. In the past (older R77.x releases) you could do that with script vs_stop.sh vs_start.sh, but these are no longer available. 

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

sk169472 is relevant here.

Depending on the connectivity others might shutdown/disable interfaces on the network side.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

Another idea will be changing the VLAN IDs of the interfaces in the old VS before the new VS are started. With this you have a quick way to switch back.

_Val_
Admin
Admin

You do not need to stop it. You can unload the policy on it, and disconnect it from the networks during migration. Once you moved traffic to a physical box, and it is proven to work well, you can just delete that VS, to finish the migration. You do not really need to stop a VS, though.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events